Thread: June Gathering
View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2019, 05:19 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: June Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by |+Tired Rose Child+| View Post
((May I join in with these cuties? <3 ))

It was time for the gathering once more. Although these nights of bonding and catching up usually had most cats excited and upbeat, this one was tense, and laced with many fear scents. But, why shouldn't it be? The dog situation has every cat antsy. the blind, grey tom entering the gathering behind the other ShadowClan cats, the fur along his spine bristled with worry; what if the dogs invaded Seastones during the gathering? The thought pierced the senior warrior with pure terror, and his hindquarters quivered with nervousness. As Wolfeye entered the sandy clearing, he paused, his brow furrowing as he pricked his ears and listened to the mingled chatter around him. Padding forward , he blindly gazed to the side and delicately sniffed the air, about to veer off to the side, but not before he ran into another large forme. Letting out a surprised yowl, Wolfeye jumped back and his tail puffed out a bit. He frowned and sniffed the air, picking up the scent of another tom. WindClan. Hmph. The blind tom stuck up his snout. "Next time, stay out of my way, why don't ya? I'm not exactly able to know where I'm going." he sniffed defiantly and sat down, wrapping his tail around himself and lightly resting his tail over his paws. Eh, might as well talk to this other tom . After all, he certainly didn't want to spend the whole gathering alone. He tilted his head. "So, why don't you tell me your name, huh? I'm Wolfeye."

Willowpaw bounded into the gathering, her tail stuck up high. Her hindquarters rippling with excitement , she followed behind the other ShadowClan cats and entered the gathering, whisking her tail as her pawsteps touched the sandy clearing. She was smiling brightly; she wasn't going to let her eating disorder keep her from her first gathering. not after she'd been begging for a whole moon. The young she-cat ran into the throngs of cats, bouncing on her paws as she weaved among the crowds. She glanced around, trying to find someone, anyone to talk to. She spotted another young apprentice up ahead, and she started padding towards her, but when the other she-cat didn't look up from her blank staring in the distance, Willowpaw became more cautious, guessing that the other cat was possibly visually impaired . She approached her slowly, stopping a couple of tail lengths away. "Hello. I'm Willowpaw. Who are you?," she meowed, abit worried how the other cat would react by her voice.
{Sure thing ahaha. - Would recommend finding some old Breezy posts - I do have a word document, cause he's an interesting character to say the least ahah}

The silver spotted tom who had been busy watching a certain cream colored apprentice looked up as something - or rather someone - bumped into him and at the angry snarl he had to reign in a shorter temper that old Breezefeather actually hadn't processed. No, old Breezefeather had been patient... But with the loss and gain of his sanity he had managed to loose something, maybe that had gone with his mate when she left him... He hated it but he kept coming back to these thoughts... he thought they would go away but he assumed now, that they would always haunt him, always be with him as memories and curses. Finally answering the senior warrior Breezefeather said pointedly and bluntly, "Yeah you're obviously both blind and deaf and unable to scent anything cause you bumped into me, not the other way around."

He watched as the other tom sat down, Wolfeye from Shadowclan apparently. "Breezefeather," he said curtly, having lost his interest in chatting already. It was proving harder than anything else to be told, the fact that he had to gather his sanity in small bits and actually formulate those into words that wouldn't sound rude or like the other was talking to a wounded animal. Yet he wasn't blind, he should be happy for that. He knew of a blind cat in Windclan - one who actually rather recently had lost their eye sight - Eaglesoul. Breezefeather hadn't seen the young tom in a while and hoped him all the best. Yet focusing on the matter of hand - which was this large grey tom he sighed. "You're tense. What's the matter?" He didn't wanna beat around the bush, better get to the problem hard and fast, unlike what he had done by running from it forever.

-
-
-

Doepaw, the small grey/brownish tabby, was shocked when she heard the voice so near herself and the young apprentice jumped up with a shook, her fur standing on edge and she turned around rapidly in a circle in a mess of a panic. She was aware that this was her own fault but she had never been to a gathering and her own mentor rendered useless at the paws of the dogs made this harder on her and with her anxiety problems she obviously struggled but she finally stopped and scented the air and it was an off scent, something she wasn't used to. Was it possibly, was it Shadowclan? That had to be it. She sat down again, trying to play it cool but she could feel herself shaking all the way down to her whiskers and she was mildly afraid that she was even making the ground vibrate...

She once again wished for Doeflame's presence. He was the only cat she had actually relaxed around and now she was expected to come out of her stumbling shell and start talking to this stranger? She supposed this was what gatherings was all about, ;earning how to interact with others... What was it the elders had said, something about knowing that they may be your friends tonight but they had to be your enemies tomorrow? Try to keep the enemy mindset Doe. Try to keep the enemy mindset Doe, she chanted into her head. She finally spoke, her voice a stutter filled with nervousness, "Eh, eh... I'm Doepaw. Of Thunderclan. Yes.. Yes.. Thunderclan." She folded her tail over her paws trying to hide the fact that she was so nervous. Remembering that the other cat likely wasn't aware she also blurted, "I'm.. I'm also blind. Like.. Like I can't see you."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee