View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2019, 04:44 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang sifted through the available marigold, wrinkling his nose at the subpar selection. Many of the flowers were so dry they crumbled under even the lightest touch of his paw. He'd need to throw a lot of this out in the next couple of days. He picked up two orange blooms that still had some life to them just as he heard Ringpaw calling out. "Yeah yeah, keep your fur on," he griped between loosely clamped teeth. He set the herbs in front of his apprentice and turned back to Timberpaw. "You'll want to keep these herbs on your paw for the rest of the day at least, then tonight you can rinse it off in the stream. Do not lick it off. And you should stay off that paw as much as you can for a day. After that, you can return to training. Come back if it starts to smell bad or hurt more." Then to his apprentice, "You got this?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post

@Charmer
--

Timberpaw felt himself automatically cringe, feeling the calico swiftly pull the splinter out.
Caught in a daze, he snapped out of it, shaking his head. "Nope! Don't feel anything!" He smiled softly.

His brown eyes travelled back over to Shinefang, looking back at Ringpaw. "Whats it like being a medicine cat apprentice?" He asked curiously.

The somali mix tilted his head. "I bet its fun! Right?" He said, his tail flicking.
At Shinefang’s remark at bringing her the herbs, she playfully rolled her eyes back, sticking out her tongue with a small smile. “Yeah, yeah.” She purred, taking the marigold he had brought her. It smelt stale, but Ringpaw wasn’t going to complain as she knew very well that there was barely anything fresh anyways. Taking the herb, she began to chew it up in her mouth, making sure to not swallow any of the juices, before spitting it out on Timberpaw’s pad, making sure to press it down into the cut.
“Well, it is fun.” She meowed in response. “I like it a lot, much better than being a warrior apprentice.” Her eyes widened. “Not that anything is wrong with that, of course! I just like the medicine den a lot better. Besides, it’s FUN getting to BOTHER SHINEFANG all day!” She meowed loudly, turning her head back towards her mentor with a smirk. She loved trying to get a smile out of him. “Besides, the herbs are just so interesting. I know a lot but there’s still so many! I really only remember the main ones like marigold, poppyseed, borage, coltsfoot, burdock root, and others like that. But there are so many different ones that are used for small ailments, too many.” She purred.
Setting his paw down, she twitched her whiskers. “What Shinefang said. Stay off the paw, and you should be fine!” She purred.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!