View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2018, 02:27 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Silver Fishie (join in if you like )

"These are one of the most helpful plants a medicine cat has in her den," Shinefang said as he swept his paw over a pile of wilted, red flowers. "These, are poppies, and their seeds have the power to dull a cat's pain or help them sleep.But the annoying thing about them is that the seeds are incredibly small." The old tom picked up the whither green stem of one of the flowers in his teeth and held it over an elm leaf he had set on the den floor. One by one, tiny black seeds no bigger than the tip of a cat's claw fell out onto the leaf. "See what I mean," he said through gritted teeth, laying the spent flower off to the side. "So to keep track of them, I keep them in leaf packets like this." The medicine cat shoved a finished leaf packet from his stores in front of the little calico shecat. Just then, he heard young cats outside of his den, and his shredded ears perked up. He glanced back at the young calico shecat and quickly added, "See if you can replicate this," before heading outside to investigate.

Once outside, her recognized the little bobtailed apprentice anywhere. "Gorsepaw," he meowed with a twisted and scarred grin. He remembered the young cat well after having her in his den for so long. The other one... he wasn't so familiar with. Lifting a white paw, he pointed in the other apprentice's direction as if trying to coax out the name from the space between them. "I wanna say... Strawberrypaw?"
@Okapi
GorsePaw jumped a little but settled down very quickly. "Shinefang! It's so good to see you again. Things are looking good in there. RingPaw isn't causing too much trouble I hope?" The brown tabby joked. "I know it's been a while. I promised I'd make the den less draughty and well, it took longer than I expected. This is my friend CranberryPaw. We met just before my accident. So she's been a great help." GorsePaw purred, glancing in her friend's direction.