View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Peachrain shrugged,ā€ Iā€™d be happy too.ā€ She replied beginining to groom Cherrydawn knowing how lonely it got in the nursery.ā€
Cherrydawn was about to answer but found herself silently relishing the grooming instead. She began to lick the matted fur on the older warrior's shoulder, smoothing it over the scarred skin beneath. "Cherrydawn?" A tiny voice swept over the queen's ear like a breeze. She recognized it at once and sighed. She supposed the peace was bound not to last long. "What is it Yarrowkit?" she breathed, a forced note of positivity in her tired meow.

A small black and white fluffball of a kit padded tentatively out of the nursery. His gait was slow and uncertain as he kept his eyes straight and stood on Cherrydawn's other side. The little kits eyes were blue, like his mother's, and sharp with a focus that dulled his attention to everything else. "I was looking at the moss in the den and I noticed that depending on how long the moss has been there, the color is more dull and yellowed. So far I've counted four dried pieces in our nest, six in Maplekit's nest, two in-"

"That's nice, Yarrowkit," Cherrydawn put in gently, cutting off the kit. "But I was talking to Peachrain. When you meet someone new, you should say hi first."

Yarrowkit looked at the senior warrior with wide eyes, noticing her for the first time. "Um...hi."