View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2018, 02:01 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The silver tomcat couldn't help but snicker as Caliapaw glanced around, as if she were afraid that some cat might come over. He knew that if any cat came over, it would probably be to scold him for acting like a lot. But the words that came out of his mouth were very different. “You afraid some cat might come over here?” He purred, flicking his ear. ”You should know that you’ve gotta accept that when it comes to me.” He joked, clear amusement sparkling in his lime-green eyes.

As she asked him that question, Jaggedpaw shook his head, though he exaggerated the movement by tenfold. “No no no Cals, you see, if I used every cat’s name, it wouldn’t be unique, because every other cat uses their name, right?” Here he looked at Caliapaw, a very serious expression on his face, uncommon for the striped apprentice. “So I need to come up with a little nickname for them, for two reasons. One, so they feel special. And two, so that they remember me.” Any cat could tell that Jaggedpaw had taken a lot of thought into this, and it showed in his face as he looked at Caliapaw, a bit of a forceful expression on her face, like he needed her to understand.

A smile then spread across the tom’s face upon her next comment, though it was slightly weak and it faltered. “Yep! My life’s going great!” He shifted in his paws, seeming to think for a moment before he spoke again. “What about you? How is your life going?” He have a smile and a wink as he continued with his words, “while I absolutely love talking about myself, I would like to hear what you’ve been up to, so please tell.” Another serious expression came across his face, though this one was soft, and more open. As if he was showing with his expressions that he was willing to let her in if she let him in. “You can tell me anything you know.” He meowed, his voice had dropped to just above a whisper, like what he had said suddenly had a huge impact on the world.
The medicine cat rolled her eyes, shaking her head a little bit - although she was pretty fond of the apprentice. ”Yeah, but if you give everyone a nickname, it isn’t special anymore. I call you “Jag” because you’re my friend and I like you, but I wouldn’t walk up to one of my patients… say, Emberwing… and call her by a nickname.” The feline shook her head, like it was the most ridiculous thing she’d heard of. That was the first patient who had been unpleasant to her face, at least that was what it felt like, and she hadn’t thought she would hate it quite as much as she did. For whatever reason, Caliapaw hadn’t been able to forget the annoying warrior and the words that stuck with her throughout her daily life.

”But, you’re welcome to continue doing that. It’s none of my business if you sound stupid.” The words were spoken with a teasing purr, so Jaggedpaw would be able to tell that she wasn’t trying to be mean - she really wasn’t. Other cats might be stupid, but her friend wasn’t really one of them. Her opinion on that might vary a little bit, but for the most part, it remained the same. She liked Jaggedpaw. She liked hanging out with him. It was nice to have another best friend, whether he was younger than her or not, and she had Everpaw - who was her age. They couldn’t have been more different. How could she have ended up with two friends who she loved equally, but who were exact opposites?

”Better, I guess. There’s been a couple of close-calls… but nothing to expand on. Oh, I had one patient who didn’t seem to like me much.” Caliapaw shrugged a little, her eyes flashing as she thought about Emberwing again. It didn’t bother her that the warrior didn’t like her, but it bothered her that she was still stuck on that. She hadn’t really thought that another cat would speak to her that way, not now, not to her face - and she had come very close to clawing Emberwing’s nose, which would’ve been bad. She glanced over at Jaggedpaw with another shrug, waiting to see if he wanted to hear more or not.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.