View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
The long-haired tom shook his goop cover paw without a second thought finding that the sticky residue that now covered it was quite annoying. He felt the urge to lick his paw clean, but he knew better than to bother Shinefang any further than he had already. His paws shook a bit as he heaved himself off the ground without the use of his hurt paw, but it took no time at all for them to return to their normal steady state as they became used to the imbalance. He stood in his place for a moment as he thought through his next course of actions, and his eyes wandered as if they were fixed on something far away. Well, I can't hunt... Or patrol... Or really anything useful... Freetime was something Morningdust frankly wasn't very used to. He never gave himself much time to rest other than to sleep and eat, but that was how he enjoyed life. He hated to just lay about in the sun and do nothing. He wanted to be helpful in some way.
While he thought through the idea of just ignoring his orders and going off to hunt anyway, his brain told him that the idea was foolish. Now, he was left with no real ideas, or so he thought. When his eyes scanned over Shinefang and his work, an idea popped into his head. "Is there any work you need to be done that I could help you with Shinefang? I'd hate to waste away in the warrior's den for the next four days, so really if you need anything done I can do it."
Warriors these days. A few days of rest may as well be a punishment, Shinefang thought to himself with a shake of his head. But as he looked down at the tansy he was trying to separate, it occurred to his he had more herbs than just this he needed to check for quality and it would take some time to do them all on his own. Honestly it was something he should have done a moon ago, like the bedding in the patients' nests. There was simply too much work for him to handle on his own. If it kept the tom occupied and quiet, why not spread the work around. The old medicine cat groaned as he got to his feet, his joints protesting as they always did, and scooped up the bundle of flowers in his jaws. He set them down in front of the warrior. "This is tansy. Very old tansy. Leftover from when Ebonyfrost was the medicine cat. Some of it is still usable but some of it isn't. Tease the flowers in the bundle apart like this," he said, using his claws to pry the dried stems apart. "After that, check for flowers that still have some life to them." Gently, he placed his paw on top of a flower and pressed down. "See how it crumbled? That means its no good. We want it to bounce back." He placed his paw over a brighter yellow flower which gave under his paw, but sprang back easily into its flowery shape when he lifted it again.