View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2018, 07:34 PM
♫Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat♫

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
As the younger cat extended his paw, Shinefang took it and with care began to apply the herbs. He didn't look up from his work when the tom asked him a question, but one of his ears gave a flick. "Here and there," he said simply. Being a warrior for more than 80 moons will do that to ya." As he spread the herbs over the younger cat's paw, he saw a large scar protruding on the swollen limb. He clicked his tongue once. "That had to have hurt," he commented. "That's a sensitive part of the body." He leaned in to get a closer look before covering the wound with green paste. "Looks like another cat did it," he guessed. He saw the younger tom turn his head just a bit to one side in a way that was familiar to him from having lived with just one eye for a while. In a quick flash, he waved his tail once to the side Morningdust had turned away from him paw, curious to see if the warrior noticed it.
While Shinefang began to spread the goop of herbs over his paw and talked, Morningdust listened intently. By the sounds of it, Shinefang seemed to have been a warrior at some point in his life, which was something unheard of by Morningdust. "Oh? So you were a warrior before you were a medicine cat? That's quite interesting. I'm sure you have more than a few interesting stories then huh?" His expression became rather unreadable once Shinefang mentioned the scar on his paw, but his eyes betrayed the rest of his demeanor with a hint of regret. "Yes, it was quite painful." He mostly ignored the last comment about the scar trying not to show much of a reaction.
Though Shinefang may have waved his tail rather close to the warriors face, Morningdust took no notice of it. The tail had swung past his duller looking, blind eye, and was completely out of sight of his good eye. He continued to stare forward at his paw. The moment Shinefang had finished tending to his paw, he placed it onto the ground, and his face turned forward once more. "So I'll be able to return to my normal duties in four days, right?" The younger cat groaned and turned his head to the ground with a furrowed brow. "That's annoying." He commented mostly speaking to himself.

Last edited by Panda; June 25th, 2018 at 06:17 AM.