View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Morningdust looked at his paw with an angered expression. "It's Morningdust." He corrected the medicine cat, all the while trying to hide his annoyance of both his paw, and his incorrectly said name. He made sure to keep his hurt paw off the ground as he limped back to the nest while flicking the tip of his tail from side to side. Once he had returned to the nest, he took interest in one of the old cat's remarks. "How can you tell that it'll be better in 4 days, instead of one?" The previously irritated on his face was now replaced with a more curious one. He opened his mouth and breathed in the scent of the den. He recognized the scent of the leaves Shinefang had pulled out, but never thought they may be used for medicine. "What are those? What do they do?" Normally, Morningdust wasn't exactly the talkative type, but he didn't like the idea of someone else treating him with things that he had no clue of what they were, for an injury that he didn't even know the extent of. He subconsciously pulled his wounded paw back to his body and sat up while he waited for a response.
Shinefang swatted an empty cobnut shell out from one of the lowest shelf and spat the chewed up leaves into the hollow space. "Whatever, Morningdance," he muttered. He started to nudge his herb concoction closer to the injured tom and pointed at the paw that was injured. "Because that," he said with an accusatory sneer as he looked at it, "is the most swollen I've seen a leg that wasn't broken. It's good news all things considered. A broken ankle would have landed you in here for a moon and a half." He reached for a gob of the chewed plants and the warrior pulled his paw away before he could apply it. Annoyed, he met the younger tom's green eyes with his one, realizing he was close enough now for the younger cat to clearly see his shredded ears and scarred muzzle. "Elder leaves, and nothing if you don't let me put it on you paw. But it reduces swelling." He held out the gob again and stared at Morningdust as he waited for the younger tom to offer his injured leg.