View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:05 AM
Back from the abyss

Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Rainlight0 View Post
(They're great together XD I love it <3)

The molly blinked in surprise. He hadn't thought that move through? 'He has a better sense for battle than most do. This is great, that'll keep him alive and kicking.' She flicked an ear as he scrambled for a second, before his speed caught his back legs and he launched forward in a lunge, landing on top of her quite clumsily. She grunted, noticing that before she could take advantage of the awkward landing that he had righted himself and fixed his paws.

'He really is fast, faster than most. He'll be rough to go against when he doesn't lose his balance so much anymore.' she observed, quirking an eyebrow and smiling up at him. She knew what was about to happen, but she adjusted her spine a bit to kink it, so she wouldn't kick as hard as normal. Her full force would probably send the light apprentice into the wall, hard. She didn't want to break his ribs or anything.

The white warrior smiled mischievously as she took a breath to speak and explain the move, but decided to perform it first, so it would have the effect that a battle would have, rather than allowing him to predict her movements and adjust his grip. Right now, his grip was great for a cat who tensed their muscles--as she had done before he landed--and fought back, but it was pretty rough for one who relaxed.

So she did just that, relaxing her entire body to allow his paws to slide to the top of her shoulders and expose his belly to her hind legs just a bit more. She then bunched her hips, kicking up into the soft fur above her slightly to knock him off, before rolling gracefully to her feet and crouching, habits brought by her mentor making her lash out with a paw, claws sheathed, and pat his cheek, smiling again.

"This move allows you to get larger opponents off of you, and attack with quick succession, making it hard for the larger fighters to keep up with your speed. What I did was I kicked you off, and had you land close, but not close enough to fight back. Then, with a swift roll, I got to my feet and attacked back, landing a facial blow. If you're in a real fight, you want to go for the eyes or the skin just above, using these to blind your opponent and hinder their fighting. Usually, if you land it correctly, the enemy cat will run off, since fighting blind is a death wish. But, some skilled warriors will stick around, and then it's time to use other moves to fight them off. Blinding them will help, though."

Her voice was slightly stern, more of a teaching tone with a touch of the honey-like gentleness she had been using earlier. Her smile never left, though, and she straightened, standing at her full height--not that it was anything notable--and flicking his ear with her tail.

"You have a few balance problems, which is normal for a brand new apprentice, but I noticed you do have at least a bit of previous knowledge, and your natural instinct for how to get the upper hand on an enemy is impressive. Are you ready to try it yourself?"

She waited patiently, blinking her heterochromatic eyes once in a while as she waited. She knew it might be a bit difficult, but she had easier moves if Batpaw would like to wait a bit. She didn't mind at all.
(x3 <3)

As soon as he felt his paws sliding forward he knew she had begun the move. He barely had any time to react before he felt her paws kick underneath him. It was strong enough to make a gasp leave his throat and knock him backwards, a little ways away from Whitewish, however it wasn't enough to send him reeling back. Just as Batpaw's paws touched the ground he felt a soft pat on his cheek. His eyes widened in awe, She's already back up! He just began to realize how skilled his mentor really was. She could have sent me flying just a moment ago. That made a small chill creep up his spine but Whitewish's friendly smile and playful actions washed away any fear that may have lingered before. He was grateful that he had gotten her as a mentor, who knows, he could've got a snarling psychopath for all he knew.

He listened carefully to what she was saying and nodded to show his understanding. It was a lot to take in at once and it did kind of confuse the apprentice but he wasn't about ready to give up, or even slow down.

His ears twitched, Balance problems? Batpaw always knew he was a bit clumsy and he always found it embarrassing but he never thought it could be a danger to him. Anxiety welled in his stomach as he imagined himself on the battle field making one wrong pawstep and- He pushed the thought away, as he usually does, and pulled himself back into the present. Relax, it's your first day. Plus, she seems to be pretty impressed so far, or at least she says so. He began to cool down and pay attention again.

Batpaws ears perked up, "Y-You want me to try that?" He wasn't confident he could do it as well or as quickly as she had but he did want to try. Taking a deep breath he murmured, "Ok." The young tom crouched down and awaited the initial blow that would send him on his back.

Last edited by ConfusedCas; June 22nd, 2018 at 01:05 AM.