View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2018, 05:29 AM
Roll with it.

My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosePelt145 View Post
Doveheart let out another mrrow of laughter. "Oh, my life can't be that exciting. For one thing, I have never been in a battle before. But, if I was, I am sure I would kick my enemy's tailbone! Like, hiya!" she raised a paw and brought it down to the ground in a chopping motion. "My father would tell me a many stories of his battles in the past. Unfortunately, the battle that drove out the Dusk Syndicate was my father's last... He died at the claws of a Dusk Syndicate tom... I was just an apprentice when I heard the news..." she gazed down at her paws, dipping her head meekly, a wave of sadness crashing over her. She was silent for a few moments, her mind lost in memories. When she spoke again, her voice was distant, her eyes unfocused. "Before... before he left for the battle, he... said... to me, 'I will be back.' But, he didn't come back. He died before he could fulfill that promise." she blinked back tears, then shook her head. "He used to sing me a beautiful lullaby when I was a kit. It went like... 'Flowers and gold, will make you beautiful. But they cannot stop, you from growing old. When we die, we go up into the sky, watching from the stars, we are never far. To remember those lost, look at the stars, and you will smile, even if it's for a little while.'" the she-cat sang the song in a lovely voice, clear, strong, and pure. She trailed off, then let out a gentle sigh, looking up at Thornfur. "So, whenever I get sad over my father's death, I sing that song. It reminds me I'll see him in StarClan one day. But... I still cry... she lifts her gaze to the canopy of trees above them, growing darker as the sun set. The white Turkish Angora then shook her head, smiling apologetically at the golden tom cat beside her. "I probably shouldn't be boring you with stories like that... I'm sorry..." she dipped her head in apology before perking up slightly. "Oh, you haven't heard of the battle between the Clans and the Dusk Syndicate, have you? If not, I would like to tell you it. I already told you my father died during that battle, so I can leave that out, but I like to retell the story to those who haven't heard about it." Doveheart perked her large, wide ears, awaiting an answer from Yellowfoot.
Well, I have been in one battle, I was a few moons into being a Warrior, I never really speak of the day because I lost someone I cared for as well, my mother. *He said, looking down at his big paws* And I have heard some of what happens between the Clans and the Dusk Syndicate, but I really am hesitant about hearing about wars. Just brings me back to the one I was in. But it was never big enough to get a true name, weird right? *he said*