View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm purred at his excitement, amused that he had basically accidentally taught him another thing that we would probably have needed. "I'll have to remember that for later," He meowed, learning something from this experience as well. "I need to restock once everything starts growing back in, so I'd love to collect some from your territory if that's okay with you." At his question, he pointed at the plant with his paw. "The whole thing can be eaten if you're in a pinch, but I find the leaves work the very best." He returned briefly to his previous statement in his next. "Honestly, I need to explore your territory a bit, I haven't a chance yet to see what grows really well in SkyClan's stretch of the woods."
Shinefang paused, a little taken aback by the medicine cat's request to collect herbs in Skyclan territory. For a split second, he was a warrior again and felt the familiar pangof defensiveness for his borders. But he squelched this initial reaction and reminded himself that medicine cat life was different. Why, here he was in Windclan territory now for Starclan's sake. "Be my guest, so long as you don't mind the trip. I'd bring your apprentice. You'll have more than you can carry before you even reach the camp. We've got a good amount of chamomile, oak leaves everywhere. I'm expecting a fair crop of broom. Mallow, horsetail, alder, things like that that seem to like more moisture are a bit harder to come by." As Shinefang rattled off the herbs to be found in Skyclan, he thought about how much sense it made that medicine cats worked together. How senseless would it be for a warrior to die for want of an herb just over the scent line? As he thought of this, a cluster or herbs with three leaves caught his eye. "Are those blackberry leaves?" he asked, recognizing the usually prickly plant that bore fat, juicy berries in the summer. "What are those for?"