View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Huffing out in mock impatience, the leader would roll his eyes playfully as if he were an apprentice again, waiting for his mentor to get on with the cool battle moves instead of carrying on with a lecture. But deep down, he was more than happy to let the medicine cat have all of the time in the world to get what he needed done. He had no clue of the troubles the older tom went through, the heartache of losing a patient you worked so hard in trying to keep alive, he had no clue about being a medicine cat. So if Shinefang needed to wait a hundred moons before he had to use that concoction on Barbedfall {which is an exaggeration of course!}, then he would sit by and wait. All good things to those who wait right?
The long furred tabby looked to the medicine cat as he playfully chastised the leader before addressing her, coming up with a quick exercise to determine what she was capable of doing without it hurting. Flicking an ear at the instructions, she shifted about in the nest. "Yes, yes, honest answer, got it." She grumbled out, flicking the end of her tail before slowly rising up using her other three legs, careful not to put any wait on her injured one, holding it for a moment, testing how it felt, before slowly laying back down with a huff. "Didn't hurt too much, only when I moved around to stand properly on my other three legs did I feel some pain. Not much though, probably accidentally put some wait on it to get myself up or something." She explained to the medicine cat, head raised as if to challenge him to tell her that she wasn't being honest about her answer.
Shinefang nodded thoughtfully, as pleased as he was relieved that the warrior was actually listening to him about honesty. "Not a problem. That one may not be the one but we'll keep thinking." Shinefang hummed thoughtfully to himself as he swatted his tail against the floor of his den. As an older cat, it was difficult for him to remember a time when that sorts of strengthening movements Barbedfall was wanting to learn didn't cause some pain for him, and that made it difficult to pinpoint an exercise that may work. Narrowing his eye thoughtfully, he looked at the brown, tabby leader. "You know something, Grousestar, it's been a while since I've been young and spry enough to do some of these moves. If I could borrow you for a minute, maybe you can think of a stretch that lets her just use her good legs without putting pressure on the injured one?"