View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The orange tom’s eyes narrowed as he watched Cherrypaw. She definitely wasn’t getting discouraged - and that was a good thing, but he felt more or less like he was making a fool of himself. Perhaps it was time he upped the game a little, made it more challenging - she clearly got this much. Taking a deep breath in, Blazingcomet charged at the she cat again, leaping through the air and outstretching his twisted paw. He didn’t do this often - it wasn’t good for his paw, but it would prepare her just in case. The twisted paw acted like a hook, from the way he’d done it before - he would reach out with it, hook it around an unsuspecting cat’s limb, and pull it out from under them as he crashed to the ground. He’d hurt his side the last time he’d done this, but it was a movement that had served him pretty well in battle before. Blazingcomet could only hope it would work this time. It was risky, of course, since if it failed he would be left defenseless - lying on the ground, having to untangle himself from another cat who was his enemy, and… well… the rest was left to the imagination. But it could certainly be understood why the movement was one that he hadn’t attempted often. At the very least, it would let him know whether or not he was still moving smoothly. This would probably be the last training exercise for the day - perhaps tomorrow they would work on some hunting. Cherrypaw was picking up on the battle moves pretty well. Blazingcomet was excited to see how she had been doing with her hunting as well.
Cherrypaw felt confident as her mentor began his leap. She'd seen it enough times already and proved that she knew how to handle it. The charge was no different than before. Well except- Hey! What is he doing? Cherrypaw thought to herself. The snowy white cat was thrown off by her mentor reaching out with his bad paw. It looked weird how the twisted paw was aiming for her. The apprentice wondered what Blazingcomet was trying to accomplish by using his twisted paw. She had assumed he'd protect that paw considering it could be a weak spot for him, but here he was using it to attack. It looks weird, Cherrypaw though, feeling a little guilty for thinking it. A little bit like a hook almost. . . Wait, is that what he's trying to do? That had to be it, Cherrypaw decided. The apprentice tried to best to pick up her legs and jump out of the way, but it might have been too late due to all of her thinking. It was sloppy and not at all graceful, but all that she could manage at the moment. For good measure, she turned her head to try and nip at her mentor's paws.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic