View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2018, 05:24 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Sorry didn't help? Boy did Shinefang know that better than any cat. How many cats had told him they were sorry after his mate died. No amount of their sorries had brought her back, and soon the sorries began to build up and spoil in his gut like crowfood. "I know," he said simply. Shinefang had admired Wheatfur for more than just their talent as a medicine cat. When Shinefang was still a warrior, the two of them had fought together to liberate Thunderclan during the evil era. He was every bit as much a warrior as a medicine cat, just like him. "It has," the old tom agreed, not knowing what specifically Caliapaw had gone through, but this leafbare had been challenging in general and rife with conflict. He could certainly sympathize with it making the young cat a little grouchy. "Well, since you've come all the way up here, is there anything else you need?" He asked openly.
Sharp golden eyes lit up in surprise as Shinefang spoke… she hadn’t thought about him understanding. He was older, surely he must’ve, but… sometimes she felt like no one could understand. Alabasterpaw was the closest one, having lost an Uncle on the day Wheatfur died, and now she knew Doepaw had lost his mentor… so maybe she wasn’t as isolated as she felt. ”Well, um… if there’s any advice you have for me, I could really use it right now. Or any guidance on what some of these herbs are, I haven’t… I haven’t learned all of them.” She was reluctant to ask, but since Shinefang was offering, Caliapaw supposed it was okay for her to ask for help. She really could’ve used it right now, too. With all the fights ThunderClan had been getting itself into, chances were that tensions were going to remain high and she needed to know what to do in case someone came in with a bad injury again. She knew how to treat pain (somewhat), how to treat infections and stop bleeding, but when it came to more serious problems - Caliapaw was just about as clueless as they came. She hadn’t expected to lose her mentor so soon. She hadn’t expected to be left alone right when she had started training, or she would have asked to learn more. Wheatfur had trained her for about a moon… it was long enough so that she knew what to do in some situations, and she knew the names of most of the herbs, but she didn’t know what they all did. She didn’t know how to treat everything. Thankfully, Zerosight had taught her about when a cat was ready to go back to their regular duties… otherwise there would be a bunch of cats half-healed or way past healed that were out and about.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.