View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2018, 07:35 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
A fire lit in Cherrypaw's clear blue eyes. She didn't appreciate how her mentor assumed that she'd get discouraged. It seemed that she was beginning to surprise him. His apprentice was doing well, especially with that belly rake move. He obviously didn't expect that. Cherrypaw felt like she wasn't doing really good right now. Didn't he think she could keep it up? The apprentice was trying her best to prove herself to him. Was the ginger tom just not seeing it? Was she not trying hard enough? The she-cat bit the side of her lip to stop herself from speaking her thoughts. She didn't want to distract herself or possibly make her mentor decide not to take their training battle to the next level. "Show me what you got." Was all that Cherrypaw mewed, a little under her breath. She was still panting now, but trying hard to control it.

Cherrypaw trained her eyes on her mentor, trying to watch his movements. She was trying to show her focus visibly. Maybe that would catch Blazingcomet's attention and show him how much she was trying and how ready she was to work through the harder stuff. She shifted her weight back and forth in attempt to prepare for her mentor's next leap. The molly wasn't sure, but she thought she could see the ginger cat's preparation for his next leap. The question was what was his plan?
The orange tom’s eyes narrowed as he watched Cherrypaw. She definitely wasn’t getting discouraged - and that was a good thing, but he felt more or less like he was making a fool of himself. Perhaps it was time he upped the game a little, made it more challenging - she clearly got this much. Taking a deep breath in, Blazingcomet charged at the she cat again, leaping through the air and outstretching his twisted paw. He didn’t do this often - it wasn’t good for his paw, but it would prepare her just in case. The twisted paw acted like a hook, from the way he’d done it before - he would reach out with it, hook it around an unsuspecting cat’s limb, and pull it out from under them as he crashed to the ground. He’d hurt his side the last time he’d done this, but it was a movement that had served him pretty well in battle before. Blazingcomet could only hope it would work this time. It was risky, of course, since if it failed he would be left defenseless - lying on the ground, having to untangle himself from another cat who was his enemy, and… well… the rest was left to the imagination. But it could certainly be understood why the movement was one that he hadn’t attempted often. At the very least, it would let him know whether or not he was still moving smoothly. This would probably be the last training exercise for the day - perhaps tomorrow they would work on some hunting. Cherrypaw was picking up on the battle moves pretty well. Blazingcomet was excited to see how she had been doing with her hunting as well.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 19th, 2018 at 07:35 PM.