Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2018, 03:35 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Passionblaze was not only looking tired, but he was tired. He was exhausted. Yet, he felt honored and pleased to be in the presence of all these great starry cats. He didn’t want to miss a moment. The pain with each life was becoming used to him, something destined to be great. He watched as another she cat approached him. The ginger tom stood y’all and proudly, bowing his head upon her presence. She touched his nose, seeping that electrifying shock into him. His fur stood on end, becoming tensed but he dared to not move. The pain became a pleasurable feeling soon after, and it took him a moment to regain strength. I wonder if I’m the only one feeling this pain....he thought humorously to himself. The life of forgiveness. That life had a story behind it. A sad one. Passionblaze could see it in her expression. He returned his own sorrowful look but didn’t dare to question her. It wasn’t simple for the awkward tom to comfort others. He pinned his ears against his head. They flicked back up when he caught her hasted words, giving his own small smile at them. It was always comforting to know many had faith in him.

@Mauve
Staying silent through the proceedings of the leader ceremony, Leafmask simply sat among her place in the stars. Her face was like a mask, bright green eyes sparkling in thought as she watched Passionblaze receive his new lives. It felt like an honor to be participating in a leader's ceremony, and this was her first since joining StarClan. Their surroundings were drenched in starlight and shadows, though the elder felt more at ease here than she had in her final moments in ThunderClan's elder's den. It was peaceful here, serene. Down below, it seemed as though the tides of war would never cease, and it frightened Leafmask to consider how many more ThunderClan warriors were bound to join their ranks if these senseless battles continued.

Her tail tip flicked back and forth as she watched as Fallingfeather delivered her life. It flowed from the starry furred she-cat through to Passionblaze, and the tabby could only imagine how much the tom's limbs ached. Receiving lives from StarClan was no small feat, and a part of her was glad that her life wouldn't be as harsh. A small break, perhaps. Lifting herself up and sweeping her tail to her side, the graceful feline stepped down from her perch, gliding among her fellow StarClan members until she came to stand in front of the new ThunderClan leader. She looked nothing like how she had when she had passed away in ThunderClan; joining her ancestors revived her youthful pelt; a time when Passionblaze most likely hadn't even been alive. Her eyes glowed with kindness and her belly rumbled with a deep purr. "Hello Passionblaze," she mewed softly, dipping her head. "I joined StarClan quite some time ago, so you may not remember me. My name is Leafmask, and I was an elder in ThunderClan. I am glad to see that it will be led by such a brave cat." She let a brief moment of silence fall between them as she smiled, hoping her soft gaze offered some comfort to the younger tom.

"With this life, I give you the gift of Compassion. May you use it well to care for every cat in your Clan, and all those who may need your kindness," she purred, taking a small step forward to touch her nose to the ThunderClan deputy's head. She felt the energy flow through her, warming her own pelt and wrapping her in a blanket of comfort. She knew Passionblaze would feel this same gentle touch, as compassion was never painful or treacherous. It was the love a queen gave to her kits, or a mentor looking after their apprentice. In this case, she hoped Passionblaze would use it to look after the Clan she had left behind, that she still loved so much. Compassion had become rare among the Clans, and Leafmask silently prayed that Passionblaze might help bring about a new era to the Clans as the new leader of such a courageous Clan.

As the transfer of the eight lift came to an ending, Leafmask opened her eyes once more, their brilliant green hues focused on Passionblaze's own pale ones. She took a moment to herself to study the new ThunderClan leader, wishing that she had more time to get to know him better. There was so much she wanted to tell him - that being a leader wouldn't be easy, but it would be rewarding; that he would do just find, despite any misgivings he might have; that he could always seek advice from StarClan when things got difficult. But instead, she just winked, dipping her head in farewell before she turned and rejoined her fellow StarClan ancestors amongst the starry ranks.

Last edited by Mauve; March 9th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.