View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 07:42 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles View Post

Cleftpaw nodded and stood, fur fluffed against the cold. "Let's hunt!" He purred, remembering that his brother couldn't see him nodding. He padded after Lightpaw, jaws held open to taste the air. Leaf-bare was drawing to a close. He hoped that that would mean more prey had come out of hiding.

He tasted a mouse on the air and pricked his ears, searching for its location. A few tail-lengths away, he heard the scratching of its teeth on a seed. He turned away from his brother to follow the sound.

He pushed through the brambles slowly, cautiously dropping down lower. He struggled to keep his belly fur off the ground, but thankfully, the snow muted the sound. His ear knocked against a branch, showering snow onto his muzzle. Cleftpaw resisted the urge to sneeze.

He could see the mouse now, only a few pawsteps away. Still, he didn't pounce. He was still under the bush and if he leaped out now he would hit the bush and startle his prey. He stepped forward again, holding his tail still.

The mouse looked up. Now or never! Cleftpaw lept forward, just barely catching the small creature by the tail. He whacked it over the head with a heavy blow, killing it quickly.
Lightpaw listened as Cleftpaw followed the little nibbling sounds. He decided to let his brother handle that mouse and, keeping quiet, he listened for more prey. He sighed when he couldn't find anything else.

He heard a crunch in the snow and the sounds of nibbling disappear and knew that Cleftpaw had caught the mouse. He trotted to him,"Nice! You caught it!" he mewed happily.

Lightpaw then sighed inwardly, where else can I find prey!? he swished his head around, trying to find the slightest smell or sound, but there was nothing.

He flicked his tail, irritated. Why was it that there wasn't any prey right now!? Normally I can hear prey from fox lengths and fox lengths away... So why can't I now? Eh... It's probably just because of Leaf-bare... he told himself, or maybe Cleftpaw catching the mouse startled the rest of the prey in this area?
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.