View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 05:48 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"That would be helpful," Shinefang replied, his tone steady. He turned away from his herbs to meet the younger cat's eyes. It was odd now to have said what he said outloud. To have the cat in front of him know that about the the fault he bore in Acornpaw's death. The silence hung between them. He knew the medicine cat meant well, but the old tom knew he'd carry that death with him until the end of his days. Won't be too long, I guess, he thought to himself smiling grimly at his own dark humor. His amber eye darted toward the resting Stingpaw. "The other apprentice there came in with a broken leg. I had to reset it and wrap it. It would be nice if you could have a look at what I've done before we move on. Just to make any adjustments for the next time it happens." He got up and padded over, pointing at the sleeping shecat. "I gave her some willow bark and thyme when she first got in to calm her nerves and ease the pain while still keeping her lucid. Then I gave her a stick to bite down on while I felt the break with my paws and set the bone.
Her father helped me get the sticks in place while I wrapped it with the web. My brother Yellowfoot broken his front leg falling out of tree once. So I got to see Stormflight, the medicine cat at the time, work on him. Though it has been a while." he admitted, lifting his paw to invite Daydream to look over his work.
"Well, comfry root is good for bones, you chew the brown root up into a paste and lick it onto the skin. I personally bind broken bones with bindweed, its a flower thats white with a pink center star pattern, the stems are good for binding and are much more effective than simple twigs and cobwebs, plus i try to avoid using cobwebs since they can carry infection on open wounds. Goldenrod is a small, bell looking flower with a long, skinny stem and is like a pain killer when it comes to joints and the body in general. For this injury, its okay to use poppy seeds." they explained,"Id change the bindweed stems on the leg and reapply new comfry ointments every few days to avoid infection."