View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:44 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Another purr rattled Emberwing's chest as she swept her fluffy tail across the ground behind her. It was truly a pleasure to watch Brightkit coming up with idea after idea, and certainly a young kit like that would be a great addition to the already training apprentices ThunderClan had. "Yes, I can't wait to tell all of my stories to my future apprentice. There are definitely some good ones!" The thought alone made the warrior happy, and she envisioned the day Snowstar would finally entrust her with the training of a future ThunderClan warrior. Oh, how exciting that will be! she thought, getting lost for a bit in her own mind. I'll make sure they're the best warrior even StarClan has ever seen!

Bringing her attention back to Brightkit, who danced eagerly on tiny paws before her, Emberwing chuckled. "I would love to play. We can do whichever game you want!" she offered the kit, crouching down so she was at eye level with the younger feline. "We can always do them all! Though, I'm not sure if we'll have time." She wasn't sure of Snowstar or Passionblaze would want her for an evening patrol later, but she figured whatever games they didn't get to today, could be saved for another slow morning. "But we can try to play as many as we can!" She lifted her plume off the ground and waved it energetically overhead, ears pricked and alert for Brightkit's answer.

The truth be told, Emberwing had been relatively lonely the past few moons. Sure, she had friends, and was well known among the Clan, but she didn't have one thing that all her friends seemed to have; an apprentice. So when they were all resting in the warriors' den after a long day of group training, and were exchanging stories of teaching battle moves or hunting crouches, the russet warrior couldn't chime in. Still, she listened intently, if only to improve her chances of being a great mentor when her time finally did come.
A bright smile lit up the kit’s face at Emberwing telling her that they could play as many games as possible before they ran out of time. ”We can? YAY! How about we start with moss-ball… if you remember how to play moss-ball, I mean, it’s pretty easy to learn! Martenkit and I play it all the time and we’re really good at it! So you have a really good teacher! And… ooh, ooh, after we’re done with that, if we still have time, then you can show me your warrior moves! I would love to learn them!” The patched kit squealed, her tail twitching back and forth eagerly as she went through a mental list of all the games they could play - this was going to be FUN! Brightkit wasn’t often lonely - she was always finding someone to play with, and it was nice to have an older friend that seemed to like her.

Warriors could find the younger kit annoying most of the time, because she was a distraction - constantly asking questions, constantly wanting to to play, and forever in their business. It was a strange day indeed when the young kit was quiet or calm, and today was no exception to that rule. As usual, she had been bouncing around - getting a few scornful or disgusted looks, but none of them ever stuck to her - and it was just her luck that she should bump into Emberwing! Wow! Today’s going to be even better than yesterday, which was an amazing day, so that makes this… the BEST of BEST DAYS!

The young feline mentally squealed, her tail twitching back and forth, that smile still on her maw as she thought about what this “best of best days” was going to look like. They would, of course, play as many games as possible - and then, perhaps, tomorrow morning she would find Emberwing again and the two of them could play even more games! The young kit mentally squealed again at the thought of this, her blue eye sparkling and her green one - though cloudy and unfocused - seeming to be almost sparkling as well, even through the darkness of it.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.