View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 09:44 PM
no u

My Mood: Kingly

Lightbulb Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
Her words made daydream stop in their tracks. is that all they were to some cats? just a medicine cat? they were more than that, much, much more than a simple rank name. they closed their eyes in frustration. they gritted their teeth as they spoke,"I heal with plants, i dont need to be risking my life. that wasnt the job I signed up for, but i saved you anyway. I wouldve saved any cat." their voice was low and serious, but they didnt have an aggressive tone, they held themselves back from making snarky remarks. "I am more than just a medicine cat, I am more than just a simple heal with some leaves," they opened their eyes now, turning their amber orbs into herbs,"I am a person, a cat with just as much emotion as you even if you wont get over yourself to show it. I have empathy, and i would risk my life again if it meant you would get to breath for another moment, and i would do the same thing as a warrior, or a deputy, and so on. if you want to label it as my job to make yourself fall deeper than go ahead, but its beyond that. Id save you again if i had to." after their little rant, they started walking again, still slow for marshfur to keep up the pace with them. they werent angry, just a bit frustrated, but they meant what they said, and to them, they called out the truth. even if marshfur thought she was emotionless and unreadable, daydream found it easy to read through a cat that reminded them of themselves. they stopped once they were a bit ahead, turning to make sure she was following,"were almost there."
the only thing marshfur could do was stop and blink slowly as daydream went on their little rant. normally, marshfur would have just stared at her and blocked it out, say she understood and moved on. that's how it had always been. "oh, you're doing fine! look on the bright side of things!" she would scoff in her head but nod and politely say thank you. "are you okay? you know i'm here for you!" she would force a nod and say she needed to go. it all meant so much nothing to her, her response to those kinds of comments were practically programmed into her brain at this point. but daydream wasn't saying that. they weren't saying what everyone always said. they weren't saying what marshfur heard daily and couldn't bother to believe anymore. daydream was saying what marshfur needed to hear, not what they thought she wanted to hear. she needed to hear something realistic, something down to earth. something harsh and down to earth, and daydream was saying exactly that. marshfur was hearing that she needed to get over her self and stop throwing herself a pity party every single time something went wrong in her life. she needed to be down to earth. the words were sinking in, not being passed off as something that everyone always said. she wouldn't realise everything here and now, but what daydream was saying was enough to get marshfur to furrow her brows. it was a tiny, minuscule reaction, but pulling the muscles into place was different for marshfur and she felt her facial expression change for the first time in seasons. when daydream turned and continued to walk, she found she couldn't follow immediately. instead, she drew her eyes to the ground and stared at it for the longest time. her legs moved before she even looked up to follow daydream, still having difficulty registering what exactly the overgrown furball made of pure spite had actually meant. rather passive aggressive, their words.

love
characters