View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 07:30 PM

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiraeth View Post
the whisper of a song swirled within his mind, the cold sending a soft shiver down his spine. he pawed at each fleck of the white substance spread across the camp. molten amber eyes looked out over the clearing, watching his clanmates do the things they did each day. flicking an ear, he sat down with an expression of boredom, his nose twitching in the icy air. slender tail sweeping up over his spine, the tom's chestnut tabby fur fluffed out against the leaf-bare breeze. he kneaded the ground, feeling it feather out against his paws. after scanning the camp once again, his eyes rested on a molly kit. he thought over his choices for a moment before gradually making his way over, settling a few paw-lengths from the other kit. waiting many heartbeats, he studied the words in which he could say, then decided to use a simple greeting. "hello," he mewed, "i'm songkit." the tabby's chest fur blended into the white, feathery substance as he crouched down, though his dark pelt contrasted it greatly. he tilted his head to the side, giving a lopsided glance towards the molly as he awaited a response.
Hiraethkit glanced up, noticing Songkit before he even stopped and introduced herself. Already knowing who the kit was, Hiraethkit was pleasantly surprised to hear Songkit introduce himself in a nice enough manner; much more subdued and kinder than the majority of the kittens who tried to talk to her. She smiled slightly. "I'm Hiraethkit, it's a pleasure to meet you Songkit." The tortoiseshell molly shifted slightly in a vague invitation for the other kit to sit down beside her and share each other's warmth in the cold afternoon. She didn't say anything else for awhile, simply gazing out at the warriors walking about and performing their duties as typically as usual, with the same almost-robotic motions and chilled blank look in their gaze. Hiraethkit on the other paw savored the crisp, chilly air; it was suffocating in the hot, crowded nursery den with hardly enough room to breathe much less play- every few moments there'd be a kitten or two tumbling over her in a game of tag or simple roughhousing. Hiraethkit glanced over at Songkit and offered a slightly bigger, much kinder smile. "Do you like to play games?" She asked simply enough, focusing her green gaze on the other kit with curiosity sparkling in the depths of her ocher pools. "I'm not fond of them myself," She continued on, wanting to keep up a pleasant conversation rather than a slightly awkward silence. "But occasionally it's nice to fool around."