View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
[ oh dear. jay is about to explode. ]

The tom's cool tone only infuriated the she-cat more. "You think a bite mark is going to kill me? Every warrior gets injured in battle!" Had her fur not covered it up, Jaystorm would've been bright red with anger, tak twitching furiously and eyes blazing. At the last sentence she stopped dead, her eyes growing menacing. "My... my ego? Please tell me you're kidding." Just because she had kits didn't mean she had become one! A whisker from leaving her brother in the dust, Jay forced herself to stay still, trying to go to her happy place.
(I can tell. Lol! Morningblue is kind of manipulative. See how he's trying to invalidate what she's feeling? he's smart and it's not always a good thing.)

Morningblue narrowed his eyes, staying perfectly still and calm as he replied. "The way you were fighting, you're lucky it was only a bite. Throwing yourself in front of a charging cat like that was reckless. You'd have scolded an apprentice for acting that way." He closed his eyes and took a breath, softening his voice all the more as he added. "There's nothing wrong with being out of practice, Jaystorm. You've been recuperating and tending to your kits the last couple of moons. I've been training in preparation for this war with Windclan. I'm not going to apologize for defending my clan and my kin."