View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"You're going to do whatever I tell you to do, because I know much more about this then you do." The medicine cat responded, her voice snappish and bitter as she spoke, anger showing in her eyes. She was beginning to dislike Chameleonvine. The warrior had come in for a checkup before - Caliapaw tried to remember her patients, and she especially remembered this one because she had been the first to be treated since Wheatfur had died - and Caliapaw had liked her much better then. The words that she was saying now stung the young medicine cat, and her already-low self-esteem took a hit. She's right. I DON'T know everything I'm doing, and we WOULD be better off with another medicine cat. Where's someone when you need them the most? She thought, the irritation from her own thoughts showing through in her expression. Right now, Caliapaw didn't have time to filter out expressions and thoughts and everything felt like it was showing right on her face. Still, she tried to gather herself as best she could as she placed another layer of cobwebs on the gash. "I'm going to put some marigold in those smaller cuts. You're not going to be able to do anything for a few days until that gash starts healing up some and even then, if you aren't careful, you're going to end up hurting yourself more. So unless you're stupid or incapable of following simple instructions, you'd better do what I say - whether you like it or not." The last part of her statement was more bitter then the rest, and spoken sarcastically, mimicking the other feline's words as she headed back to Rileyflower.

(sure)

Placing a few more cobwebs on the wound, Caliapaw half-smiled at the warrior. "You're fine. Thank you for your patience." She was doing her best to be considerate, since Rileyflower was the only one making her job easy at the moment - Doepaw was scaring her, even though it wasn't necessarily his fault, and Chameleonvine was making it hard for her to want to treat the other feline. "You can go ahead and go. Take it easy for a few days and then come back and see me." She instructed, her pawsteps growing more urgent as she headed to Doepaw, just a little ways away. This was one of those times she wished she had Wheatfur with her still. How was she supposed to do this, and do it right, when she had no idea what she was doing in the first place? She wished all her patients could be as pleasant as Rileyflower, but lately... she'd had a couple of rough ones. Stonekit first, and now Chameleonvine. For the most part they were nice enough... but the ones who weren't reminded Caliapaw of why she had never been good in social situations. Cats could be cruel, and when they were, what did you say back?

Caliapaw hadn't even begun to learn everything she needed to. If she had, she would have been able to stop the bleeding quicker... all she knew about, however, was putting the cobwebs on to keep it from bleeding more. She hadn't learned about many of the herbs that were in there, and she was thankful that there hadn't been too many major things. StarClan help me... The she cat could see the bleeding was beginning to slow, the cobwebs were blocking it, maybe she was doing this... she could do this... but just hearing Doepaw's cry of pain was enough to make her doubt herself again. "That's right, you promised... you wouldn't want to go back on your promise, would you?" She asked, half-laughing and half-choked up with a lump in her throat, placed there from unshed tears, as she scanned the herb storage, looking desperately for anything that would ease her brother's pain. Deathberries. The round, red berries taunted her from their place, almost enough for her to wonder if she couldn't save him - was it going to be worth it?

Stop. No. I can't DO that, I've got to have help... do something... anything... he can't go to sleep yet, he can't, what if he doesn't wake up... There were some herbs that would ease the pain, but they'd make him sleepier. So Caliapaw continued looking until her gaze fell on some more seeds. Moving quickly, she grabbed a couple and pushed them in front of Doepaw, her eyes fixed desperately on him. "This is going to help, I promise. But you have to stay awake after you take them, okay? They shouldn't make you tired... I don't think... just keep talking to me, Doepaw. Tell me... what your mentor's like." She mewed, her brain racing for other topics of conversation just in case that one couldn't keep him occupied for long. This was happening. And it was happening quicker then she thought it would, which was what scared her. Everything about this scared her. But if she could save him, then all of the stress and doubt she was feeling right now would be worth it in the end - and she knew Wheatfur was watching out for her from StarClan. Surely, surely they wouldn't take Doepaw yet... would they?
Rileyflower smiled and nodded she stood back up to her paws she turned to leave the medicine cats den she was just at the entrance again and she looked over her shoulder her ears twitched she felt bad that caliapaw had to do this all herself surely they would have somebody to help her out right? Right? She frowned at that thought her tail flicked . does any body even say ' thank you' ? ah mean she does this all herself and she's doing her best! That's what matters .poor gal .. she shook her head and looked back at caliapaw
" thank you again sugar and ... ah am sorry that you have do this by yourself but if this will help I'm glad your our medicine cat " she meowed with a smile trying to atleast make caliapaw happy since she could just think about how ....difficult it could be . With that she existed the den.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )