View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"I have that sort of affect on cats, ive learned." they replied, voice much quieter when shinefang pointed out the sleeping apprentices in his den. it felt weird. teaching a cat older than you something new. daydream wasnt young anymore, but they were still up there. they were also, next to surgestorm, one of the few that were fully trained in their profession. and seeing as ebonymist hadnt stayed long enough to share her knowledge, daydream had to fill in the gaps. they didnt mind though, they didnt want shinefang to feel like they did when training. they didnt have a mentor, a few teachings from northpath and that was it. everything else was self taught through dangerous trail. so to spare a few lives and hassel, daydream was here. even if they complained and mumbled to themselves the entire way here about how cold it was compared to their short fur, or how long the damn walk was. deep down, they really didnt care.

"Im here to train you on a few things."

Shinefang blinked at the Shadowclan medicine cat in surprise. "Mousedung on foxdung, maybe you actually do read minds," he murmured. "I would appreciate that. I'm doing the best I can here, but..." he shot a glance at the apprentices to make sure they were both still sleeping, "I can only do so much with just my memories from getting hurt and patched up. Here, let me show you what I'm working on now." With a wave of his tail, he signaled for Daydream to follow him deeper into his den and padded closer to one of the sleeping shecats. "This is Gorsepaw," he told the Shadowclan cat quietly, "She came in with a broken tail. I honestly didn't think it was that serious and put some comfrey on it but asked her to stay the night to be safe. Then in the middle of the night, her tail started to stink like crowfood. I figured the tail must have died somehow, but she seemed fine. I told her the tail would have to be removed, gave her enough poppy seeds and willowbark to numb her up and knock her out, and had to chew it off while she slept. I was amazed she didn't wake up. She lost a lot of blood and I used well over half my cobwebs trying to keep her from bleeding. She seems to be doing well now. Very active. I mostly have her here now because her tail stump is still covered in scabs and I don't want her tempted to do anything to cause more bleeding. Plus, I'm putting cervil on it at least twice a day. I put Comfrey on it too, but I don't know if it's doing much... I only knew it was good for bones." His explanation finished, he looked at Daydream. "That's what's gone on so far. No tell me how I botched it. I have no doubt something about that was wrong." Shinefang was not a cat with delicate feelings, and he was ready to learn from his mistakes.