View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 11:56 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Nighthawk blinked as Stagflight settled down comfortably next to him, and even purred a little as he spoke. This cat certainly seemed at ease around him, though they'd only just met. Searching for a topic of conversation, Night compiled his thoughts once more and said "Did you just get back from a patrol? I noticed your fur was a little wet." He hoped he hadn't sounded disrespectful or chiding. Stagflight seemed to be genuinely kind, he didn't want to scare the tom off. He continued, hesitantly. "I prefer night patrols, myself. The marsh is very..." Nighthawk had to search for the right word "Calm." His ear twitched, his mind working to keep the noise of the camp in the background.

Stagflight studied the other tom carefully for a second, taking note of the way he acted. It was certainly not a way that Stag had seen very many other cats behave, and so it intrigued him, just a little bit. He was enjoying this though, but of course he was. He needed socialization, as he was naturally a very social cat. “Yeah, I did. It was nice, other than gettin' wet,” he chortled slightly as he finished speaking, wrinkling his nose as well, just to emphasize his words. He flattened one ear slightly, green gaze flicking towards a cat who'd moved rather suddenly, then he looked back at Nighthawk. “I 'aven't been on a night patrol in awhile, but yeah. The noises are very relaxing, except the owls though,” he replied, then paused, tail twitching slightly.

“But I think dusk- in that moment between day and night- is the best time for being out in the territory,” he meowed, his voice dropping to a low whisper, though he didn't really realize that he'd whispered. He'd gone on many walks alone at dusk, just enjoying the time away from camp. Because as social as he was, he still needed those moments to himself. Really, he couldn't think of a single cat who'd never wanted to be alone. And although Stagflight usually preferred company, he was happy to be by himself as well. Not for long periods of time though, just a little bit ever now and then.