View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2017, 04:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Fawnskip had thought only one bad thing had happened, let alone a couple. She had trouble imagining Obsidiansky as a troublemaker of sorts, playing a role in breaking the rules. She had assumed he followed the rules, all of them, and would avoid breaking them if he could. But then again, maybe one specifically terrible thing can utterly destroy a cat's personality. Fawnskip wouldn't know, and in all honesty, she was content not knowing. What's that saying? ...Ignorance is bliss? Yes, that's the one. Ignorance truly is bliss, because what you don't know cannot hurt you. Fawnskip enjoyed being ignorant, but she also despised being left out of the loop. Sometimes, she'll settle for not knowing, like when knowing can cause her pain. Other times, she'll do anything to know, such as when she can use her knowledge against someone else.

She scoffed, ``Alright, 'Sid, you caught me, but in my defense, your credulity let you fall for it.`` Fawnskip had a mix of a smile and a smirk across her muzzle, like she was teasing him but she was also fighting the urge to laugh. ``What did she do? Eat prey out on a patrol? Accidentally put a paw over the border?`` Her tone was one laced with sarcasm, an amused gleam in her eye. However, if she could correctly judge Obsidiansky's reaction to her joking words, perhaps she could form an appropriate guess as to what happened to this once-carefree tomcat.

She almost looked over Obsidiansky's happiness in that moment. Fawnskip had successfully gotten the tomcat to actually purr! That was a feat worth bragging about, for sure, and brag she would. Honestly, his joy was contagious, and she felt a warm pleasure flow through her. It was.. nice, actually, to see the usually-reserved tom under the glare of the sun, happy - or at least, Fawnskip hoped he was happy, or at least somewhat happy. And she believed Obsidiansky enjoyed watching her struggling to guess, and just the thought of the tom finding her challenge amusing was enough to bring an equally-amused smile to her face.
"No, she-" For a minute, Obsidiansky almost answered her question. His fur had bristled in a sudden attempt to protect the one thing his former friend had left, which was that one wrong deed. That was how she was remembered. Even though he would have preferred his friend to be remembered as a loving, sweet cat, that memory was long gone. Only those who had known her as a young cat would remember what she had been like. Well, technically anyone who chose to remember her before the incidents. "Again, nice try. Those are both such big crimes, you're getting there." He smirked at her, with the slightest wink. Maybe he could consider Fawnskip a friend now. And, if feelings did develop... well, there was no harm in thinking that, was there? Sagewhisker and Canineheart sometimes felt like they were putting pressure on him to like them. At least she wasn't pressuring him. It was like being with his friend all over again. Before everything that had happened. Obsidiansky's mind flashed back to the times when they had been carefree and happy and content with life.

She was running ahead of him, her tail lashing behind her, while the young Obsidiansky - then Obsidianpaw - chased after her with a determined look on his face. Once he was close enough, he leapt through the air, tackling her and pinning her to the ground. "Caught you!" he purred, leaning down to mew the words in her ear with a satisfied look. She didn't struggle. He could almost see her smirk mentally, before he rolled her over, his paws placed on her chest. Her paws were free, but she remained limp. "Duh. Only because I let you." She rolled her eyes, pushing his face away from her with a paw.

That was about a moon after they'd begun training together. Obsidianpaw remembered how they had hit it off so well, along with her brother. "Now, there's actually somewhere better - believe it or not - that I want to take you. C'mon," He mewed, getting to his paws. The sun would be setting soon and by the time they got there, it would be a perfect time. Obsidiansky thought Fawnskip would be able to enjoy it. She seemed like the type to enjoy something beautiful. And he thought she deserved to see something pretty. Besides, maybe it would cut off all the memories of his friend - best friend - love interest - once potential mate - all of that. But she had also been an enemy later, yet he had still loved her. She'd had to be an enemy. "I'll race you there? I'll even give you a headstart." The dark tom purred, jumping to his paws, his tail lashing back and forth in a friendly manner.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.