View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 05:25 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Fawnskip adopted an embarrassed expression when Obsidiansky mentioned he once would've been thrilled to be her flirting victim. She even giggled softly, shaking her head slightly in disbelief. Her disbelief was genuine; no way Obsidiansky was once a tomcat who would openly invite flirtatious comments! He seemed so... dark and reserved, and Fawnskip had sorta assumed he'd always been that way. She imagined him to be a dark-pelted kit crouched in the far corner of the nursery, dully watching the other kits playing. She imagined him as an apprentice, a bored expression on his face as he followed his mentor through the territory. She imagined him as a warrior, quietly and gruffly leading others on a patrol. Fawnskip had trouble seeing Obsidiansky as a once happy-go-lucky feline.

She listened intensively, eager to absorb all the details. Fawnskip was determined to guess Obsidiansky's seemingly tragic backstory, and she was sure she'd guess correctly - eventually, that is. She tilted her head slightly as he finished, eyes narrowed in thought. After a few moments of silence, she asked, ``I have a feeling your story has something to do with flirting? Did she lie to you?`` This was the most common cause of heartbreak under the category of flirting. Lying is flirting's best friend - Fawnskip knew this better than anybody. If lies were the core of the situation, Obsidiansky's female friend was probably a flirt as well and had flirted - lied - her way into Obsidiansky's heart. Obsidiansky found out, and the relationship just fell apart due to the fact that trust was not a reliable factor.
Her disbelief showed, more so then her embarassment for Obsidiansky (who, thinking it would be the polite thing to do, ignored it) and gave her a friendly smile. "No, really! I know it really doesn't seem that way, but honestly, I would have." He told her, just in time to hear her guess. Flirting? That didn't have anything to do with Obsidiansky's backstory, but lying certainly did. His eyes twinkled as he worked out a way to answer her. "You're getting warmer with that. She didn't flirt with me, though." No, Obsidiansky had never had his heart broken through flirting. But he knew of cats who had and he was pretty sure it wasn't a good idea to get involved in that sort of thing. It was an easy and quick way to head for heartbreak city. Somewhere that the dark tom wasn't planning on getting sent to again. That was the main reason he had been so nervous and closed off with Fawnskip, worried that she was just trying to get through to him.

But now he was pretty sure she could be a good friend. A fun companion that he could talk to, and maybe someone that would be neutral in his tangled love life - much like Infernosky. That was about the only she cat in his life, at the moment, who wasn't tangled up in it. He'd be just as glad for Fawnskip to stay out of it... pretty or not, if she were neutral, he would have another ally that was sorely needed. Who knew, maybe he could get to trust her more! At the moment - he simply was not willing to tell the whole story of his life, the darker parts of his backstory, but she could at least have an outline. His closer friends at least had outlines, and knew the basics (but not details) of his own story. "Take another guess." He shot her a smile, which could be described as charming - and, depending on the cat it was directed towards, flirtatious - but Obsidiansky was not the type to flirt. Not really, anyways. He had never been good at it and had all but declared himself horrible at it. And he was getting pretty close to saying so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
the change had been drastic. he wasnt low to the ground anymore, nor was he stuttering. didnt even seem nervous. this is how hed usually feel when away from the eyes of his mate,cuckoosnarl. normally, he was upbeat and happy, positive and energetic. with him, he was broken down and forced to be something he was not. for right now, he wouldnt focus on that. hed focus on the playful nudge to his shoulder and the playful challenge obsidian had given him. he smiled,¨of course i do!¨ his green eyes narrowed, body tensing for what he was expecting.
"That's interesting," Obsidiansky mewed, with interest in his voice. He forced himself to sound as though all he was interested it was polite conversation, then crouched low to the ground in a starter's position. "But if you really like racing, I bet you're fast, and in that case..." His voice trailed off and his tail began twitching in anticipation of what was coming - "I get a headstart! Onyourmarkgetsetgo!" His words blended together as he glanced over at Larkfall, then shot off across the moors like a black bullet, paws carrying him so fast that he was practically running. It was exhilerating. This must be what flying felt like. There was no other way to describe it.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.