View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2017, 01:52 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Highbranch

Goldenstar was tense all over. His side was healing now, but the cuts were still aching. Sure, it wasn’t horrible, but it was painful nonetheless. With the very likely possibly of a battle in the near future, he knew Shadowclan was going to need all the help they could get. Sure, he wasn’t planning on getting involved, but you never knew.

He didn’t know why he was so paranoid about a fight. Even so, he wasn’t going to take kits that weren’t ready, and make them become apprentinces. That was stupid, and he didn’t know why some leaders had done that. He wasn’t going to be like that, for sure. “All cats old enough to catch their own prey, please gather under the Highbranch!” He called out, shifting on his paws to favor his good side.

He wasn’t going to mention anything about the tensions between the clans, he was here for ceremonies, nothing else. “Haykit! Could you please step forward?” He started off, deciding to start with apprentince ceremonies. “You have reached the age of six moons, and that means it is time for you to be apprentinced.” He took a deep breath in, as he had forgotten to breathe for a moment. “From this moment, until you receive your warrior name, Haykit, you will be known as Haypaw, and your mentor will be Nightshade,” he finished. He was quiet for a moment, before deciding to move on.

Now, warrior ceremonies. “Snowpaw! Elmpaw! Dungpaw!” He said, looking at the soon-to-be-warriors. “I, Goldenstar, leader of Shadowclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentinces.” He started, trying to remember all the words, as they were slipping his mind for some reason. “They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in turn” he continued, the words finally coming back. “Snowpaw, Elmpaw, Dungpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" he asked, shifting to make himself a little more comfortable on the Highbranch.

[I do]

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name,” This was a rhythm now, sure, he forgot things sometimes, but now Goldenstar was getting the hang of it. “Snowpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Snowfur, Starclan honors your cleverness and tireless energy,” One down. “Elmpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Elmstep, Starclan honors your intelligence and loyalty.” One more to go. “Dungpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Dungfoot, Starclan honors your dedication and determination.” He smiled down at the three. “We welcome all three of your as full members of Shadowclan,” He said. “You will also be sitting a silent vigil tonight to watch the clan,” he finished, before deciding to move on.

Name changing ceremony. How was he supposed to do that? He didn’t remember Halestar ever doing it. Well, maybe he should just go out on a whim. No, he had to do it like it was supposed to be done. He let out a breath, trying his best to think of how the ceremony went. Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, Sharpbite will be known as Woodbite, since his teeth are like wood.” He finished, hoping he had done this right. That was where he ended the ceremony, jumping down from the Highbranch to try to rest.

@SpookyScarySkeletons @Okapi @Kyra-Wolfe-666

Last edited by :blue:; November 12th, 2017 at 01:52 PM.