View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

Goldenstar was slightly nervous that he had said the wrong thing. After all, this was the Fuzz family they were talking about. While he had never personally talked with someone from the family up until now, he still knew their beliefs, and they were pretty much sexist and homophobic, which drove him crazy. However, he managed to keep himself calm for the time being, as he currently didn’t want to go crazy. He found it easier to talk when his mind wasn’t screaming 47 different things at him at once. “But what family does that?” He murmured, glancing away for a moment. He could tell that Echoskip wanted to change the subject as she spoke, so he decided to let her change it. “Yes, it was,” he sighed. “Daypaw pretty much has their paws filled,” he added. “You should be glad you weren’t there” he murmured, half trying to make a joke, half serious, shifting awkwardly on his paws.

Echoskip let out a quiet chuckle, half-hearted in nature. "Yeah." She murmured. She looked back at the nursery. "I guess I'll head back." She hesitated before looking at Goldenstar, her eyes full of sincerity. "Thank you." She said quietly, smiling at him. "For listening, I mean. It really is a relief to talk to someone about everything without worrying that they'll tell someone." She confessed, shifting her weight from one side to the other. "..." She looked up at the sky before looking at Goldenstar. "When my kits become apprentices, could you possibly assign them mentors that aren't traditional, like my family?" She requested, hope blossoming in her eyes. There was a sliver of hope that Goldenstar would take on one of her beautiful children as an apprentice, but it was unrealistic to think that. The best she could hope for was that her children would grow up knowing that her family's ideals were outdated and foolish, and they wouldn't feel confined to a traditionalist lifestyle like she was. She loved Moonsplash with all of her heart; and she hoped that one day she could come out to her family with her mate by her side without fearing their reactions. "I don't want them to live their lives like I had." She finished, shifting again.