View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw swallowed nervously as the older tom spoke. Then, she stood with a stumble. Her orbs examined Shinefang's back, searching for a good spot to climb. With a grunt of effort, the apprentice limped forward and slowly climbed onto his back. "Are you sure you can carry me?" Oakpaw knew that sounded blunt, but she was secretly concerned for the old tom's health and stability. Her tail twitched with worry. What would her mentor say? What would her family say? Would she be shamed for her foolishness? She knew that was an obvious yes. Disappointment would cloud everyone's gaze. A wave of sadness crashed over her. Would she be remembered for this forever? Would she ever be a warrior? Her gaze hardened as she repeated that last question in her head. Will I become a warrior?
Shinefang snorted as the apprentice climbed on his back. "Kit, if I couldn't carry you, I wouldn't have offered," he griped. When the younger cat was in place, he slowly began to stand straight, grunting with the effort, as his old muscles strained, a very clear popping sound erupted from his shoulder. "That's normal," he meowed dismissively, beginning to walk forward with Oakpaw on his back. It was slow going, as Shinefang had to be cautious of the terrain, and in all honestly, he was a bit too old to be carrying cats on his back like this. "You hurt your paw on the Thunderpath, you said?" he asked huffing with effort as he trekked, "That's a long way from here. What were you doing out that far?"