View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:33 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Juniperpaw's neck sharply swiveled at the gentle voice of her own mentor. They were shocked to learn that Geckoleaf had overheard her and knowing this caused her pelt to heat up from her tail-tip to the edges of her ears. She could only laugh nervously in response, launching herself to her paws. She looked down at her paws, smiling shyly. However, she silently agreed with Geckoleaf; yes, I am quite amazing.

When her mentor suggested they began training, Juniperpaw immediately brightened and seemed to forget all about her embarrassment. ``Oh yes please! Daypaw already taught me a little bit like goldenrod and burdock root, but I think I'm ready to learn more.`` Juniperpaw flashed Geckoleaf an eager smile.
Feeling a pang of longing at the mention of Daypaw, due to ShadowClan have already returned to their territory, Geckoleaf smiled in a slightly melancholy fashion, although she already was dealing better with the separation than she thought she would have. "Alright. Before learning about herbs, we're going to learn about how to clean and treat a basic cut. When anyone comes into the den, you first should automatically look them over; what seems to be wrong? A cough, sneezing, runny eyes, rash, or a gash? After you've identified, or they've told you, you'd treat the ailment appropriately. In this case, we assume a cut. First, have the cat lay down in a way that you can access the scratch; they should be comfortably positioned, with no pressure on the wound. Next, clean it out; you can lick off blood, but don't swallow any. If it's bad, mop up any pus or fluid with ferns or moss; ferns are best because they have antibiotic properties. After, once you learn about the herbs, you'd mix a poultice; if it's just a thorn in a kit's paw or a small cut that didn't bleed much, you can apply mild amounts of cobweb, just wrapped or packed in. With the poultice, you'd chew up the herbs, and apply it to the wound. Put cobwebs on top, and seal with cobwebs. Make sense?" Her lecture was deliberate, slow, and she enunciated properly; but Geckoleaf knew that it was a lot of information, and needed to make sure that Juniperpaw understood it all. The molly was smart, this she understood, but even at a young age Geckoleaf herself had had issues learning, at first.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending