View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang was out gathering herbs, grumbling at the slight chill in the air. Leaf fall was here, which meant leaf bare was going, which meant herbs would die, and food would grow scarce and cats would die. Shinefang never envied the Medicine Cats during leafbare. As a warrior, he may have had to scour the territory in search of food in the bitter cold, but they had to see cats die in their den. And now it was his turn. Shinefang knew he wouldn't be able to save every cat. He couldn't as a warrior either. Some cats who entered his den would die but never be the same. Shinefang was just examining a plant that he was fairly certain was yarrow, but it looked different here and fresh than in the den. Suddenly, a sound caught his attention and he listened. He turned around, his torn ears swiveling as he tried to determine where it came from. He was just about to chalk it up to his old senses playing tricks on him when he heard it again. This time, it was much more clear, and a definite call for help. He rushed in the direction of the noise, ignoring his protesting joints. He kept his senses open, and caught the tang of blood on the wind. That's what ultimately led him to the sight of the little shecat sitting on her haunches and holding out her paw at an odd angle. He approached, snapping a twig as he trod forward, his scarred up body, single-eye, and scarred muzzle twisted in an eternal half-grimace on full display. "What's all this then?"
It was then that the molly noticed the older tom. Her eyes flashed with alarm, but her gaze softened. He didn't look hostile. Oakpaw frowned, and let out a sigh. She knew she must admit to her disobedience and foolishness, but that was very hard. "I wandered past the border, found the Thunderpath, and a monster.." she summerized, ending as she trailed off. Oakpaw shuddered, and examined the much older tom. He looked as if he had lost many battles, but won some too. Old he may be, but determination was still shining on his features. That's when she realized this elder wasn't just any elder, he was a medicine cat. The brand new medicine cat of SkyClan. Her amber orbs traveled down her leg as another wave of pain made her tremble. She had accidentally placed it down, and blood began to seep through her fur. Oakpaw stooped to lick her twisted paw. It was too bloody, and the wounds couldn't be distinguished well. Wrinkling her nose at the metal tang, Oakpaw successfully cleaned her paw. "How bad is it? Can you see it?" Her tail lashed anxiously. "Will I become a warrior? Please, oh, please don't tell me I won't!"