View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:32 PM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

(It's fine! Sorry I didn't see this ^^; )
Tucked in the farthest corner of the nest was Owlkit, his back turned to the entrance of the den as he snagged his tail and began to rasp his tongue against the appendage. The visibility of the den made it almost impossible to see the rich brown colored kit - while sometimes a blessing, it was also a nuisance - but, thankfully, after so many moons in the nursery he had become accustomed to rolling out of the way. Nipping out a patch of knotted fur, Owlkit let his tail go and curled it around his frame, letting out a loud yawn. The nursery was radiating the comforting warmth he was used to, really he didn't want to ever leave. All the potential friends and all the attention he could ever want. What could be better? Although, something was off. The warm milky scent of the nursery smelled... herb-y? Confusion evident on his features, the young tom rolled onto his back, his front paws suspended in mid-air as he blinked against the darkness. It smelled like Surgestorm! Embarrassment prodded at his pelt as the realization hit him. Had he forgotten to go back? Was Surgestorm coming to scold him? Bringing his paw close to his face, he inspected it quickly before giving it a lick. The wound looked like it was ok, at least it didn't hurt anymore! Slowly, Owlkit rolled himself completely over and pushed himself onto his paws, carefully picking his way over to the unexpected visitor.

"Hello Surgestorm!" He chirped, his eyes adjusting and focusing on the black-furred tom. Owl thought that he was hard to see, but Surge was just as difficult, if not worse! Settling himself in front of the medicine cat, he lowered his head as his ears swiveled back. "I meant to come by your den earlier, but I forgot." The kit admitted, staring at his paws for a few moments before lifting his gaze up to meet Surgestorm's. He didn't seem mad or even annoyed. He wanted to ask if he was, rather than finding out later. It took a few seconds, but finally Owlkit was able to find his voice "You aren't mad, are you?" Despite the nervousness laced in the kit's voice, Owlkit looked very much in his element, confident and maybe even boastful, his chest puffed out slightly as he prepared for a possible scolding. Not necessarily because he was in trouble, but rather that the medicine cat was worried about his health.
Surgestorm spotted the kitten only as he moved toward him, his yellow orbs lighting up at the sight of the brown-furred kitten. The kit really did blend into the dried moss.especially in the low-lighting. He probably wouldn't have spotted him if the kitten had tried to sneak up on him. "Hello there, Owlkit," He greeted in response, turning to face the kitten fully as he came over to him.
The medicine cat tilted his head slightly as Owlkit ducked his head, almost as if he was about to get scolded. "Oh," He mewed slowly in response, his tone nuetral with almost a hint of confusion laced within it. "Had we planned on you coming to visit me?" He laughed at himself for a second, flashing a smile as he did so. "I must be getting old! I forgot that you were supposed to come to me, not the other way around!"
It was obvious that the old tom wasn't mad at Owlkit, Surgestorm rarely got mad at anything. Even though the kitten didn't look scared of being scolded, he still chose to answer him. "No, I'm not mad. I like getting out of the den," He meowed honestly, his yellow gaze observing how confident he was with having the medicine cat's attention on him. He was a little bit giddy at it, glad that he hadn't scared Owlkit away after pulling the thorn from his paw.
Speaking of thorns and paws... He lifted a black-furred paw, and pointed to the kitten's own now-healing paw. "Lemmie take a look at that for you." He honestly didn't have any worries with it; most kittens he treated healed up quickly and without complications.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!