View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:26 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: RiverClan Streamstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Halfgaze chuckled at her friend's response, but she knew Cardinalsnake well enough to be quite certain that if it actually came to pass, he'd be miserable. Her best friend was not an early riser, besides, she could always make sure he was stuck on the dawn patrol with a bunch of toms. Preferably toms that hated him. The thought gave Halfgaze much pleasure, though she knew she'd never do it. That would be abusing her new power, and while Halfgaze wasn't an overly do-good cat, she wasn't sure she wanted to break the rules of such an important position. But, Halfgaze didn't dwell on it, knowing that it was a simple joke that didn't need too much thought.

When their conversation took a more serious turn, Halfgaze listened to Cardinalsnake's answer with perked ears and focused eyes. She was grateful for her best friend becoming serious for her. All her was saying made sense, and Halfgaze nodded along, stopping abruptly with a laugh at his joke. "Thank you, Cardninalsnake. You're right. Why would Goldenstar choose me if he didn't believe in me?" The tortoiseshell chose to ignore her friend's joking remark about being right, but did listen to his next statement. Halfgaze laughed out loud and purred with amusement, "I appreciate that." The molly nudged Cardinalsnake playfully, before adding, "Though you'd never be able to take me." Amusement shining in the blue and green depths of her gaze, the new deputy gave her best friend a side-look and a mischievous smile.
The red somali hadn't thought about that. He hadn't come to realise that Halfgaze could simply put him in a patrol with toms. She had the power to do that after all. But had he realised it, a scowl certainly would've found its way onto his face. It wouldn't be hard to find toms that didn't like Cardinalsnake. He probably got along less well with toms than he did she-cats. Probably because he was always breaking the heart of a she-cat who they cared for deeply. It wasn't his fault. The flirting targets were the ones who thought it would be more than just a fling.

Cardinalsnake could be very serious if he tried hard enough. The warrior was a generally laid back and cool tom who was normally joking and trying to lighten the mood. He also loved to tease others, Halfgaze being one of his favourite targets. He couldn't help but slip in a joke or two even while he was speaking some very serious words. Being serious just wasn't his cup of tea. He could be serious if he needed to, like when his best friend needed some of his advice, but he would try avoid it where possible.

"I'm glad we can agree on that," Cardinalsnake declared. The tom liked it when he could persuade others to believe what he believed. He was good at being persuasive. He was always good at being manipulative. Not a lot of his clan mates understood why he had the suffix snake for his warrior name, but those who did had learned it the hard way. "Trust me. I can do anything if I out my brilliant mind to it," Cardinalsnake said, giving her a wink. The wink hadn't been an act of flirtation, just playfulness. The warrior would never flirt with his best friend. Or maybe he would if he'd gone a whole day without flirting. A day without flirting was basically torture for him. Flirting was a part of his daily schedule. It occupied most of the spots where he had free time. Luckily for him, he had not yet had to go a day without flirting. Which was a good thing, for both him and the new deputy. He would rather not make things awkward, but there might be times in the future where time called for desperate measures.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen