Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2017, 07:04 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Another smile crossed her maw; this one was easy and gentle; there was no hint of melancholy or sadness. Just the vaguest feeling that this would work, and that Juniperpaw would be alright. "I have one word of advice to say before we embark; don't fight, Juniperpaw. I've learned that fighting, in life, only makes your existence harder. Instead, be like a sapling near the river's edge; root yourself strongly, and the fiercest flood won't be able to knock you over, alright? And I swear, I won't give up on you; I will try, with every fiber of my being, to keep you planted securely next to me."

Geckoleaf leaned forward, and gently licked her apprentice's shoulder; a sign of respect and something almost like gratitude. Straightening up, she offered another smile to her apprentice, then turned tail and slowly began padding out; she still walked with the tiniest of limps, after one of her legs had been badly fractured. But it was barely noticeable now and with her confident, lengthy stride, it seemed nothing had ever happened at all. The dirt underneath her, a strange crushed gray powder, was imprinted with what must have been thousands of paw prints; glancing down, she spotted some of Juniperpaw's, and her own. But, eventually, she excited the cave, blinking in the sunlight. She waited just a moment for her new apprentice, and they were off.
Juniperpaw was shocked when even the smallest hint of sadness vanished, replaced with a certain softness, a genuine smile. And like Geckoleaf, Juniperpaw felt that things would work out. Mouth stretched wide in a bright grin, she found herself almost stuck, unable to move or speak as she made sense of her mentor's words. And finally, when the older feline offered her shoulder a lick, Juniperpaw came out of it. She was unable to name the emotions in her mentor's touch, still struggling to realize that Geckoleaf did appreciate her, and was looking forward to their future.

And then she saw Geckoleaf flash her another smile before walking away from the glowing stone. Juniperpaw didn't want to leave yet. She cast a longing glance over her shoulder at the bright stone, green eyes sparkling in awe. After a few moments, she reminded herself that Geckoleaf was waiting. Wearing the happiest smile ever, Juniperpaw rushed to join her mentor's side. She barely noticed the vibrant gleam of the sun, joy overpowering all her senses. She could only walk beside Geckoleaf, every now and then glancing up at the older medicine cat, smiling softly.