Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:34 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
A lot of Juniperpaw's joy was forced, her attempt at keeping herself from breaking down right then and there. It seemed the entire clan was against her, and she was helpless to do anything about it. She could've denied Geckoleaf's offer to be apprenticed by her, and maybe gain her clanmates' approval as a warrior apprentice, but her pride and determination convinced her to take the harder path, just to prove herself to everyone who said she couldn't... including Geckoleaf, and Russetstar, and probably every other cat in all the clans who knew Cricketpaw.

Juniperpaw stood tall as Geckoleaf spoke, staring at her mentor, searching for even the smallest amount of regret, for some sort of sign that she didn't exactly want Juniperpaw as her apprentice. And then she reminded herself that ignorance is bliss, and she quickly put an end to her search, instead focusing on the fact that she was receiving StarClan's approval - or disapproval, based on how things were going. Juniperpaw's gaze softened when Geckoleaf wished for her safety, taking the ginger she-cat's words as a sign that she wanted her as her apprentice. Purring, Juniperpaw found herself gently whispering, ``I'll fight with all I've got to remain at your side. Just - don't give up on me.``
Another smile crossed her maw; this one was easy and gentle; there was no hint of melancholy or sadness. Just the vaguest feeling that this would work, and that Juniperpaw would be alright. "I have one word of advice to say before we embark; don't fight, Juniperpaw. I've learned that fighting, in life, only makes your existence harder. Instead, be like a sapling near the river's edge; root yourself strongly, and the fiercest flood won't be able to knock you over, alright? And I swear, I won't give up on you; I will try, with every fiber of my being, to keep you planted securely next to me."

Geckoleaf leaned forward, and gently licked her apprentice's shoulder; a sign of respect and something almost like gratitude. Straightening up, she offered another smile to her apprentice, then turned tail and slowly began padding out; she still walked with the tiniest of limps, after one of her legs had been badly fractured. But it was barely noticeable now and with her confident, lengthy stride, it seemed nothing had ever happened at all. The dirt underneath her, a strange crushed gray powder, was imprinted with what must have been thousands of paw prints; glancing down, she spotted some of Juniperpaw's, and her own. But, eventually, she excited the cave, blinking in the sunlight. She waited just a moment for her new apprentice, and they were off.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending