View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2017, 10:22 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Alright then," Cherrypaw said with a nod, glad to see Ravelledkit didn't seem upset at all. The shecat held out her white paw with the pad up and flexed her toes. "You see that gap between my pad and my toes? That's where I hide the pebble. Cherrypaw nudged the pebble in front of her so that the kit would have a good view. "When I bring my paw down, I flex my toes like this to make that space bigger, "she explained as she slowly lowered it down until the tiny stone was trapped between her paw and the clearing floor. "Then, when I stop flexing," she went on, letting her paw relax, "that space gets small again. She lifted her paw to show the pebble trapped there. She flexed and let the pebble clatter on the ground. "So the first thing you have to learn to do the trick is to pick up the pebble like that. Once you get good at doing that, and can do it really fast, it'll look like it just disappears when you hit it with your paw."

(Think I'll go ahead and call it a night. Those z's aren't going to catch themselves. But I'll be sure to respond in the morning if you add more.)
Rav watched her closely, not once blinking as she demonstrated, and as soon as Cherrypaw finished, Ravelledkit attempted to copy her, but either his paw was too tiny or the pebble was too big, or a combination of both, but he found that he couldn't get the stone to stay, and it always plopped back on to the ground. Finally, Ravelledkit shook his head in frustration and looked around for a smaller pebble. Once locating one, he tried again, and... success! A wide grin spread across his maw, and then the stone fell. Instantly, a slight hiss of disappointment left his lips, but was followed by a purr of triumph, and Rav just shrugged it off, looking up expectantly at Cherrypaw, his eyes wide, waiting for her reaction. He was pleased that he had at least mostly got it, and he was too determined to settle for anything less, though whether that was good or bad was a bit of a mystery to him, not that he dwelled on it much, and soon had pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind, waiting.