View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2017, 02:47 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
At his response, Auroraflame gave him a small smile. No matter who the cat, no one should have to be hurt. Or maybe they did, so they knew just how dangerous the world could be. But everyone needed someone to at least care when they were hurt. “Good,” Auroraflame responded with a satisfied smile. She quickly scanned him over to make sure he wasn’t lying. He seemed fine. Most cats said that they were fine when they were asked that question, even if they really weren’t fine. The deputy just liked to double check. The golden tom looked alright for a loner. He wasn’t completely scrawny and he looked presentable enough. Wherever he had been for the past few moons, he must’ve taken good care of himself. Well of course he would’ve! If he had to lead a clan for a few moons, taking care of himself would be no problem! Auroraflame thought, her tail flicking in amusement at the thought.

The concern in his eyes was clear to see as the ebony deputy quickly processed the words. She’d seen his family members around camp here and there but hadn’t yet found the time to fully see how they were dealing with Lemon’s disappearance. She’d already seen Grousestar around camp enough times that she didn’t need to think about he was doing. “Your family are all doing fine,” Auroraflame reassured, giving him a warm smile. “They miss you dearly,” the she-cat continued. It must be terrible, not being able to see your family for moons. The she-cat herself was often wondering how her sister was fairing in StarClan. “And Grousestar’s doing great! He is an amazing leader.” There was no doubt in her words as she let them spill. The clan would probably be falling apart without their leader. “You left the clan in good paws,” Auroraflame said, touching his shoulder with her tail. She wanted the tom to relax. Who knew what he’d been going through? Surely he would’ve come home wanting to just calm down and rest his paws? He didn’t need to be overwhelmed by things to worry about.

As he began to tell his story, she pulled her tail back, sat down and wrapped her tail around her paws. She listened. It all sounded terrible but Auroraflame didn’t let it show on her face. Instead, she just kept a blank face. Once he was finished, she didn’t say anything for a moment and changed her expression to one of thought. “That sounds horrid,” she finally said, letting a shudder run through her. The inky she-cat could not possibly imagine what he had gone through. The thought of being lost, finally finding your clan’s territory only to see that everyone was gone, was shocking. If it had been her, she would’ve sobbed for days.
“A moon?” she repeated, her brows furrowing in confusion. “How come no one found you if you’ve been here for a moon? Surely one of the patrols would've found you? I mean, they get sent out to every area of the territory” she said, tilting her head to the side curiously. Had he been camping out in the territory unbeknownst to the clan? Or had been hiding around the border? Or perhaps he had been moving around so no one caught him. But why wouldn’t he want to be found? This was his home after all. Maybe she just didn’t understand his situation like he did. “You’re not late! I remember you! And I’m sure that many others will too,” she protested. She was certain that at least a few other cats would remember the tom. She knew that his family and Grousestar would. How could they possibly forget. Although she’d never really known Lemon that well and would’ve liked to know him, she still remembered him as though he were still part of the clan. Auroraflame didn’t forget her clan mates easily, whether they were in the clan or not.

Lemon felt feeling surge through his body. His family was okay! And Grousestar was an amazing leader as well. Of course he was though. I handpicked him. Lemon's ears flicked in amusement at his own thoughts. The tom was still himself, but maybe a little too prideful now due to the experiences he'd been through. And survived. And because he had done that, the golden tom felt as if he could take on anything. Except face his former clan.

But being here, talking with Auroraflame, had sparked something new in Lemon. Sparked courage that he knew was there, but it was just hidden by his overwhelming fear. But she was accepting him and what happened to him. So maybe all of the cats in Skyclan would forgive him and still love him. The golden tom wanted to believe that. But he still had his doubts. "Yes, a moon." He sighed. He knew it was time for the truth to come out, that he was scared of facing his former clan. He was scared they would no longer love him. And Lemon couldn't stand not being loved. "I've been living outside of Skyclan territory for a moon because.... I'm..." Lemon took a deep breath, flattening his ears. It hurt every single part of his pride to admit this, but sometimes you just have to do it. "I'm scared that the cats in Skyclan will no longer love me because I left them." Lemon said this quickly, closing his eyes tight as he said it.

When he was finished with the fast-paced sentence, he opened his eyes and let out a sigh of relief. Like he had just confessed a super important and secretive secret. Which in the large loner's mind, he had. And he was not looking forward to what Auroraflame would say about it.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.

Last edited by RedHead; August 5th, 2017 at 04:32 PM.