View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2017, 10:46 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: Dark Forest Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Cassius was still groggy, not entirely sure this even was a dream. It felt real, except for the eerie quiet of his surrounds. As the voice spoke, Cassius' head whipped around, his ears so familiar to the voice, the voice that belonged to the cat who he loved above all, respected above all, and trusted above all. It was Onyx and he knew it instantly. A child never forgets the voice of their father. A wide smile lit up his face. It had been so long since the young tom had see the body of his father, and he had been longing to see the sleek black coat of him ever since he last left. "Dad!" he cried, overwhelmed with joy as he stood up, tail shooting up erect behind him. So this couldn't be a dream, because he could see Onyx, smell his scent. So maybe Onyx had come back for him, and taken him where ever Onyx now lived. Now it would be the two of them together, just like Onyx and Cassius had wanted. Cassius knew he was the favorite Son, as that was why he earned the nickname False Prince. Now it would be the King and his Prince forever, they would live together, just hopefully not in a dull place like this. The fluffy tom raced forwards, heading into the paws of his Father, the only one who seemed to truly care for his needs. His overwhelming joy pushed him into his father's embrace, and a deep rumbling purr erupted from his throat.
"I missed you Dad."
I missed you, Dad.

Oh god... What have I done?

Pain soared through Onyx, empty tears welling in his eyes. "Cassius..." He said softly, his heart in his throat. His head spun. How was he to tell him. "Oh, Cassius... This hurts me more than it will hurt you..." He said, closing his eyes. "Son, you remember how I said I'd never leave you?" He began, his eyes serious, but filled with sadness. His heart was breaking- again. He swallowed, hard. How was he going to tell his son that he was dead. It would have been easier if Lilith had told them the truth. He stepped back from Cassius, putting on a serious and stoic face. "Cassius, I want you to know I never left you and your mother like she says I did. I want you to understand that even the greatest of kings are... Killed." He said, hesitation at his pause. And he was one of those kings. He was a king that was killed. He was so close to claiming his throne! No one would ever look down on them again, he would have made sure of it! But his entire family, his brothers and sister- they were dead. He was left alone, to fight, to care for his family. Sure he had his friends- Ajax, Mischa, even Boreas in a way- but they never truly helped. He was left to fight a war, one man against five armies. Six if you count the Syndicate, too. He took another step back, and he lowered his head, as by now it was almost too obvious as to what Onyx was trying to say. "I'm... I'm so sorry son..." He said, turning his head away. As if he was ashamed to even be his son's father. Cassius was already so strong, and he may have not have been a spitting image, but his pages were all the same.

{ Yet I feel my heart is aching
Though it doesn't beat it's breaking
And the pain here that I feel
Try and tell me it's not real
I know that I am dead
Yet it seems that I still have some tears to shed }