View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2017, 07:36 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
His remark about thinking she was pretty without blue eyes made her heart try to escape her chest, and she didn't reply for a while, not sure what to say. But how did he think that? No one has thought that before. Her heart was beating wildly, but was that because of what he said? She still hadn't pulled away from him, feeling as if she did it wouldn't feel right. Slowly, she stepped away from his shoulder and sat right next to him, wanting to lean against him but instead just sitting beside him.
"And you're quite handsome," she remarked after a while. And she meant it, even if she couldn't see him. His smell was alluring, and the way he felt when they touched was powerful. It sent shivers down her spine, made her heart race in ways it never has. Lostpaw wished she could see him, just once, so she could fully appreciate how remarkable he was.
Thankfully she didn't need sight to know that he was an amazing cat, and she was lucky to call him her best friend. They would be best friends forever, and she was determined to keep them from separating again. In this reunion he had become her rock, a savior she didn't know she needed. Without him she woudn't be turning into the cat she once was. Carefree, and happy.
The gray she-cat's heart was still racing, but now that they weren't touching it had calmed considerably. She didn't know why it had jumped so much at his comment, or at his touch, but she didn't mind it. In fact, she almost wanted to experience the feeling again. But she refused to lean into his side, not wanting to do something that wouldn't make him feel comfortable.

When Lostpaw stepped away, the black and white tom wondered if he had done something wrong. Had he hurt her feelings? Maybe something was wrong with her, maybe she was hurt or - oh. His thoughts stopped apruptly as he heard her speak, but a look of surprise crossed over him and his stance changed a little. Was she kidding? There was no sarcastic tone in her voice, but... was this some kind of a joke?

Surely not. Badgerpaw wanted to believe that she was telling the truth, that she actually believed that, and eventually came to that conclusion anyways. Lostpaw had no reason to lie to him. He thought back on what she had said... you're quite handsome. Handsome. A word that Badgerpaw had never heard used to describe him, a word that he believed couldn't be used to describe him. After all, she cats weren't exactly climbing over each other just to sit next to him or anything. But, if Lostpaw believed it? That was good enough for him. Yellow eyes stared at her for a while, and he was tempted to move over so that he was sitting next to her again, being in her presence, and feeling her up against him. But he resisted that urge, staying away, the muscles in his body literally forcing themselves not to move.

Okay. Something's obviously wrong with me here.
Badgerpaw thought, trying to remain calm although there was a certain amount of fear involved. "Th - thank you..." He finally managed to say, although it was somewhat awkward having been a little while after she had given him the compliment. Oh well. He had tried. A pause before the tom tried to think of some more subject matter.

"So... y-you, um, do you like Halestar? O-or Daypaw, or... Goldeneye?"
It was a basic question that cats would generally ask, sort of a 'getting to know you' question. Just opinions on the high ranks, trying to figure out if they were friends or foe. He already knew what Lostpaw was, but he was curious what she thought of those cats all the same.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.