View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2017, 02:39 AM
tired individual

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjoldolfr View Post

Burningember watched him run off and hurried to follow,
and the black and ginger warrior was relieved when he slowed down again.
She understood that he was in a rush, and really, so was she as she walked, setting the pace to a somewhat quick one, her eyes on Lionpaw, her thoughts on how exactly she was going to do this. The warrior had planned it out for half the night, but wasn't entirely sure she remembered everything she wanted to go through. Still, Burning was eager to get there and get started, see what needed the most work, but that wouldn't be until later, for this time, she was going to make it seem more like a game than a training session. She couldn't help but laugh at how he was walking, but she did of too quietly for him to hear her. When he darted off, Burningember dashed after him.

“First off, see this tree?” Burningember said, getting right down to business. “I want you to cling on to the trunk, like this-” Burning began, leaping against the trunk and getting into a position that looked like she was climbing, but wasn't moving. She clung kind of like a squirrel to the trunk of the pine. “- and stay on as long as you can.” the molly finished, leaping off. This was so she could get an idea of the strength in his legs, and she could base the game on what she thought would work best for him after that.
Looking at the tree for a moment, studying it, Lionpaw nodded as he witnessed his mentor show him how it was done. "No problem," he replied confidently, positioning himself in front of the tree. After a moment of flexing his claws in preparation, he took a leap at the tree, digging his claw's into the bark and holding his place. He focused hard on holding himself up, feelimg his legs begin to burn from holding his weight up, his legs not being very strong quite yet. Despite the burning, he held on until they began to shake, and after a good twenty-five seconds of holding himself, he let go and stumbled a bit as he landed on his paws, legs shaky. "That's tiring," he panted, "I'll bet the muscles in my legs will be sore tomorrow!"

The golden brown apprentice cocked his head to the side. "What's this got to do with the training? Will it be fun? I mean, you said it'd be like a game, I'm sure it'll be fun!" He, despite his legs still feeling a bit of burning, began to jump around, his tail twitching and his paws moving himself small distances in jittery, jumpy excitement. Considering this was his first training session in combat, he didn't know what awaited him, and he was very excited to find out what it was. He was sure Burningember had a good method of teaching this, so he was prepared to do his best.