View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2017, 11:31 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Laughing softly to herself at hearing him calling her 'Blossomglow' again, the brown and white kit thought for a moment as he asked for her help. Cygnetclaw? No, that made him sound fierce and frightening, certainly not a name for a kind King. Cygnet...skip? Cygnetskip would certainly suit him, but Blossomkit still wasn't sure about it. "Cygnetflight?" She suggested out loud, trying to sound the name out and realizing it was harder then she had earlier thought. "Or, or, um... or Cygnetskip," She added in a quieter tone. Those were her two favorites that she had come up with, and she wasn't sure if he would like either of them... but hey, at least she had tried. Her expression changed to one of thinking and confusion as she went through more and more possible combinations. Cygnettail? Nah, that doesn't sound right. Cygneteyes? No, that might be offensive once he gets older. Cygnet... Cygnetheart? Ooh, that's a nice sounding one. Should've said that earlier. But perhaps if he rejected her other names she would offer that one to her new King. This was proving to be a much more interesting afternoon... and a game that was going to be one of Blossomkit's favorites in a long time. Bit by bit, whether he realized it or not, the tom was breaking apart her protective shell. Bit by bit, he was turning her back - at least to him - into the cat she was.
"Cygnetskip!" he proclaimed loudly, voice echoing lghtly through the crowded nursery; no one would hear him over the general cacophony of mothers and kits. He said the name with certainty; he liked it, a lot, the ring of it to his instant enjoyment. It wasn't scary, but not weak, like Cygnetfluff or Cygnetfeather. It sounded professional and grown up, like a senior warrior compacted into a tiny tomcat. In fact, the little grey tom was so happy with it, he sprang unsteadily to his feet, unsure of the bumpy nest below his paw. Slowly, he began to toddle towards Blossomkit, on tiny shuffling steps. Every so often, he'd make a very soft, high-pitched chirp, directed straight in front of him. It was obvious what Cygnetkit was attempting; echolocation. Since he had near enhanced hearing, every sound was amplified, and he had learned to gauge depth by the time it took the sound to return to his ears; longer, it was farther away, and shorter was closer. He had even learned basic shapes; the softness of rounded edges, versus the sharp sound of hard corners. The chirping was very quiet; it was only enough for him to hear, and he never let it bother other. Cygnetkit made his way towards Blossomkit, using the intensity of her scent to tell him when he finally made it. He practically bumped into her, but instead, gently nuzzled her cheek, affectionately, as if she were his older sister. "We will rule the clans, together!"

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending