View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2017, 10:20 AM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
{SORRY THIS IS SO LATE GUYS!!}

Canarypaw smiled when she said sure. He liked it when other cats accepted his company, it let him know that he was doing a good job at conversations and that he still had a knack for social situations. Sitting down, the golden tom listened to her question, then thought about it a little. "Yeah, I've done some small training today, just a few simple things like going hunting and practicing a few battle moves." He meowed, shrugging like it was nothing. But he noticed that she seemed to simply push through a few levels of meeting a new cat to a higher one. Pretty much, she was starting with a high level of questions from getting to know him. So, he would do the same. Just a little slower though. "What about you Tawnypaw? How are your fighting and hunting skills?" Green eyes sparkling with a little hint of laughter, Canarypaw but his lip to avoid smiling. A small smile still escaped though. His tone when he said that had come out a little teasingly, and Canarypaw hoped he hadn't offended The dark colored molly.
Tawnypaw watched him with an envious golden gaze. She wanted his relaxed attitude, his ability to be so... so positive. She often dwelled in the negatives of life and clung to them. Certain things just haunted her unlike others, it was uncontrollable. her gaze lowered as he asked how her training was and she simply shrugged. It wasn't that she was trying to leech off his happy attitude and dilute it, she simply just couldn't say anything positive about her training. Her mentor was tough, too tough, and never appreciative of the effort she was putting out. It felt as though becoming a warrior would be an impossible mission. "I thought I did well, I practice endlessly when I'm not with my mentor, but she wasn't impressed. She just continuously pointed out everything I was doing wrong. I understand that's her job, but she's just... so blunt about it." She tried to explain in a way the other apprentice could understand but she felt lonely revealing her troubles to him. Not even her siblings, as far as she knew, were experiencing what she was going through. They had mentors who were supportive, forgiving and who saw through their appearances. Tawny knew that she was the only one who resembled her mother so well, but it still wasn't fair that she be treated this way, it only made her want to leave the clan more than ever.