View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2017, 05:04 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: ThunderClan | ShadowClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Right. After rolling her eyes, Amberflame had moved on to the next border... the one between ThunderClan and ShadowClan. She stared across it with a sort of longing, as though she were looking for something... before turning away with a semi-irritated shrug. "Welcome to the border between us and the Clan where nightmares come true, kid." Something her previous mentor had failed to mention. ShadowClan was full of many, many horrible cats... and a few not so bad ones. But, they seemed to be buried deep within the Clan, and they were hard to bring out. Poor Amberflame. She wasn't sure what to say here. "Otherwise known as ShadowClan. They're smart, sneaky, and cheat like there's no tomorrow. They're born manipulators, Minkpaw. Do not ever - I repeat, ever allow a ShadowClan cat to start talking to you because once their mouth starts moving, they're going to have you doing backflips for them. Trust me." Her voice was hard and cold, and it sounded as though ShadowClan was her least favorite Clan. "Fighting a ShadowClan cat is pretty easy, so long as you keep them from getting to you. There are some stronger then others... born stronger, guess how that would happen? Forbidden relationships, mostly. Anyways, don't listen to them and you should be fine." She would elaborate on the actual fighting part later, but for now she would make sure Minkpaw especially understood this. The last thing she wanted was for her apprentice to cross the border from here to hell.

Minkpaw followed Amberflame again, repeating what they did on the last short trek from border to border. They would stray a few fox-lengths to curiously sniff at a plant or a dry leaf. Then they'd race back to their mentor's side, only to stray again at the interesting, soft rustle of a nearby bush. However, in the end, they always ended up back at Amberflame's side.

Once they reached the place Amberflame desired, Minkpaw remained still, seating themselves comfortably as they listened to their mentor's lecture. Instead of avoiding a ShadowClan cat, like Amberflame requested - or, actually, ordered - they wanted to meet one. After all, not all ShadowClan cats would be as heartless as the older feline made them sound... right?

Minkpaw, besides wondering what it would be like to share an encounter with a member from a rival Clan, noted how coldly Amberflame spoke of ShadowClan. They wondered why that was, but didn't care all too much to have their mentor explain. They simply figured Amberflame had a bad run-in with a ShadowClan cat, resulting in some bad blood between Amberflame and the entire Clan.

In order to show Amberflame they had heard her, and understood what she said, Minkpaw nodded rather aggressively. Their head bobbed up and down until they felt the beginning affects of a headache.