View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:50 AM

My Mood: Lonely
Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Hopekit head tilted up, her mother green eyes facing her. Her cold fur felt warm as it touched her mother's soft one. She could not yet open her eyes, but she sensed her mother's light gaze on her small body. She felt her brother jumping around in the nursery, and wished for a moment she could be with him. She then took the thought out of her mind. I will open my eyes in my own time. She thought, and as the thought it, she realized she completely believed it. She didn't feel like moving from her comfortable position, but forced her paws to lead her a few pawsteps forward, tucking her closer to her mother's warm pelt. She relished the heat coming from her mother's body.

Streamfall looked at her beloved kit. She pushed herself closer to Hopekit, feeling her cold pelt, and wrapped her tail around her. Hopekit's black pelt needed warmth, and she was going to give her all the warmth she needed. She felt Hopekit come closer, watching her adorable, small pawsteps lead her nearer to Streamfall. As she observed her kit, she thought, One day, Hopekit will become a great apprentice, and a great warrior, along with her brother. And she cherished this thought as she hoped it was true. She began licking Hopekit, making her fur go in a direction that would give her warmth. Her appearance with her ruffled fur didn't much matter, as comfort mattered more than looks.

Hopekit clumsily rose to her feet after many heartbeats, her fur set into the ruffled position her mother had made it. She was curious why her mother had made her look quite a small mess, but she couldn't ask, as she was too young to be able to speak. She stumbled over to a corner in the nursery, using her senses to try to not bump into things. She settled down into the spot, but feeling as though it wasn't.... right, went back to her spot beside Streamfall, her mother. She wanted to fall asleep, to let all the sounds around her fade into nothing as she dreamed, but she couldn't. As far as she knew, she had too much energy to put to waste.