View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2017, 02:04 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

Mixedfur purred, ''Fiercekit, huh? After your father?'' He guessed, knowing a bit about her family. As much as he could remember of what she told him. His nose twitched as he leaned as far as he could without touching the kit. He didn't want the new mother to hiss about him. He now understood why queens were so protective of the little ones when they were small mewing messes. It made his own heart grow as he stared at all of them.

''They're extremely small, my love.'' He tells them, specifically talking about the two girls. His son looked like a hefty one, the largest and oldest in the litter. He must had been a pain coming out! Mixedfur stared sadly at his mate, knowing he should had been with her instead of trying to have the day to himself. He felt ashamed and selfish, and vowed to always stay by her side. As she would still be in the nursery for a lot longer, tending to the kits, Mixedfur would make it his job to be with her often. ''Tell me anything you want me to do, or anything you want and I shall go through extreme lengths just to prove myself to you.'' He tells her, his voice deep and sincere as he laid his head down on hers for a second before pulling away and turning his attention back to his kits.

The youngest girl looked a lot like her mother, and it made him smile. Having two Splashhearts in the litter had to be something. Wild. It scared him. Not only were they two little Splashy's, but they were also his daughters. His daughters. They were his little girls. As he looked at the youngest one again, the name slipped out, ''Splash.'' Though it wasn't a name he meant to call the small kit, only that she looked very similar to Splashheart, and whenever he looked at his youngest kit, he would be reminded of her mother. ''Let's name her Splashkit.'' He tells her gently. Then turns his eyes on his other daughter. Another twin to her mother. ''It seems like you and our daughters could be triplets.'' He chuckled before he went deep in thought trying to figure out the perfect name for her.

''I think Squirrelkit would be perfect for her.'' He let out a purr of amusement. ''How do you like those names?'' He asked her, leaning his head closer to hers, and staring at their growing family. A new adventure would await them all. And, truthfully, he was excited and frightened at the same time.
"Pretty much." Splashheart shifted slightly in her nest to a more comfortable position, unable to help looking away slightly. She didnt like talking about her father, or her mother even, much. She still couldnt quite forgive them for leaving when their kits needed them the most. Splashheart and her siblings had basically raised themselves. And beyond that, Swiftbreeze still refused to explain where they had gone in the first place, and Roarclaw wasnt giving anything away anytime soon, either. Shaking her head to clear these thoughts, Splashheart watched with a faint smile as Mixedfur leaned closer to the kits.

"They're supposed to be small." Splashheart couldnt help but giggle, nosing the girls, one of which gave a protesting yowl at her. Splashheart rolled her eyes playfully at the feisty kit, who obviously couldnt see the action, and rasped her tongue down her head gently, feeling the smallest purr vibrate the young kit. Splashheart couldnt help but smile. Then a purr of her own began to grow in her chest as her mate's head rested on hers, and she found herself leaning closer to him for the brief second they were pressed together. Splashheart shook her head, her anger forgotten as she gazed up at him lovingly. "Well, I wouldnt mind something to eat," She admitted with a slightly teasing tone to her voice, a grin on her maw. "Birthing kits takes alot of energy, and works up an appetite."

Pausing to follow his gaze down to the youngest girl, Splashheart found herself pulling the young kit closer and gently giving her head a few licks. She noticed the two girls looked quite like their mother, while the boy took after his father quite obviously. Splashheart chuckled as she nosed Fiercekit closer to her, and looking up when Mixedfur said her name, Splashheart gave a confused tilt of her head until he spoke again. A smile twitched at her lips as she glanced back down at the newly named Splashkit, but she didnt speak yet, waiting for him to name the last girl. Said kit nuzzled closer to her and latched on, beginning to suckle, and Splashheart grinned softly down at the three bundles.

The blue-gray she-cat looked up when Mixedfur announced the next name, and her eyes warmed. Squirrelkit. She chuckled to herself and looked back down at her kits. They were a perfect family, werent they? "Fiercekit, Splashkit, and Squirrelkit. Thats so...Perfect." She said softly, smiling.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust