Thread: Smallpines
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:09 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ThunderClan | RiverClan Border

Cottonfrost's lithe dark form slid between the trees, quick as a shadow. His icy blue eyes scanned the unveiled undergrowth before him with his typical sure-of-himself look plastered to his handsome face. His paws made a deep thrumming sound as he ran at an easy pace. Pricking his elegantly smooth ears, he picked up the faint scent of RiverClan. Immediately, the blue-black fur along his spine spiked with wariness. Is it just me, or is the scent of those RiverClanners stronger than usual?
The tom silently chided himself for sounding so worrisome. Cottonfrost was near the RiverClan border, so wouldn't it smell of those fish-munchers? He slowed to an easy lope, his breath regaining a position through him as he pondered what to do. He had originally come out for a quick breath and maybe a short hunt, but a small border scout couldn't hurt.
The tom hurried without carelessness to the border, which was now in sight. He didn't see anyone, but who cared. It was a nice day, so why not make the most of it. With a flick of his ears, the male parted his jaws, drawing in the scent of the forest. Immedietly, vole smell caught his attention. He spotted the little fellow scurrying just on the edge of the border. With a quick register of the correct stalking position, Cottonfrost slid into a hunter's crouch. He crept forward on quiet paws and was just about to pounce when the animal scurried away as fast as it's stumpy legs could go. Snarling defiantly, the feline dashed after it and caught the prey, delivering a sharp snap of his jaws to kill it. Little did he realize that he had crossed the border, the realization lost in the flurry of the catch.

(Cloudrain and Falconclaw he didn't see becuase he is near the lake)