Thread: April Gathering
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2017, 06:32 PM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: April Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Skittles View Post
Creampaw and the tom watched approvingly. "He's good" The tom mentioned to Dewpaw,
a small smile taking up his face. (I ship him and Dewy) "Are you sure you don't want to go with him? Sharks never attack cats in two pairs... And you'd feel proud when you come back!" If you come back.. the tom added silently.
(SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP FORBIDDEN LOVE SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP)

Dewpaw shook her head. There was no way she was going into that islet, even if her brother was thick-headed enough to do it. She always knew Duskpaw one to make rash decisions... but to put his life in danger like this? This was a whole new level of stupidity.

Duskpaw fought his way through the islet, noticing the waves were beginning to rise. Due to the moon, the tides began rising, higher and higher, until they lapped faintly at the young tom's back. Only a few badger-lengths more... The whole time he was swimming, the weird fishy scent was growing stronger. Holding his breath as so not to inhale it, he kept steadily kicking out with his paws. He knew for a fact he was strong enough to make it, now that he had made it this far. I'm going to come back with a whole branch of strawberries! He thought to himself determinedly.
Just as he was about to thrash out, he felt sharp fangs close around his leg. For a second he thought that Snarlingpaw or Stammerpaw had turned on him and was attacking him, but he realized the amount of fangs he was feeling was much too many for it to be from a cats jaw. Just as he let out a panicked yowl, the teeth crunched into his hind leg, yanking him under the waves. His estranged yowl was cut off as salty water plunged down his throat, and he thrashed wildly, the water around him turning a horrible crimson shade as his blood sank into the water.

"No!" Screeched Dewpaw, throwing herself forward and shoving past Stammerpaw and Snarlingpaw. Without a moment's hesitation she flung herself into the islet, which was slowly turning a translucent russet. She screeched her brother's name as she fought her way forward. "Duskpaw! Duskpaw!"