View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2017, 03:34 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post

As the lanky Tom approached he was greeted warmly by the deputy which made him feel better all together. As he came to an abrupt stop next to him her curled his tail around his hind leg for a moment as he began to slowly regain the confidence he needed to actually speak. "Good as I'll ever be, I mean with newleaf just around the corner I'm as jumpy as the next cat" he purred. That was dumb. I could have just stopped talking. Great. I've started this whole conversation off wrong. thought the Tom in distress though you couldn't find a flicker of worry anywhere on his face but deep within his eyes.it was truly strange how marbledtongue had managed to speak to shrikecall the first time. He never spoke to any highranks any time and certainly not one as close to leader as he. A proud deputy and a ball of nerves pretending to be a warrior.

The Tom sat eagerly trying to hide the fact his tail was quivering. So he implanted his paws into his tail and kneaded to get his mind of it. "Well, I'm doing fine. You seem to be doing alright? Tell me if I'm wrong" he meows wih another smile so sweet and delicate you could almost pass it off as a blank expression. It was in his younger days been he would remember shrikecall as a warrior, he did remember the kippiling spirit he always had. It was a joy to watch him sometimes and admire his life. How bouncy he used to be, now all of a sudden he became organized. Like an algorithm. Moving only when Instructed. It seemed to dampen the Warriors excited life just a it, nontheless he was truly a great deputy.

[ sorry so short. Will improve!! ]

The brown and white feline cocked his head to one side. With newleaf just around the corner, I should think everyone would be happy. But no, apparantly 'jumpy' describes them best. He thought with a huff. That was somewhat bothersome to the deputy, but he allowed it to brush off. Shrikecall had become an expert at allowing things to just brush off of him, whether they were meant to be irksome or not. And most weren't-- it was just a simple misunderstanding on both parts. "Yes, well, I suppose some cats do have a tendancy to be jumpy around this time..." His voice trailed off and expression wavered slightly, but for the most part remained comfortable. The tom cocked his head to one side, watching the larger tom with an expression of worry. Was the other cat alright? He seemed to be...distressed. And while there was no evidence of this on his features, Shrikecall had learned to pick up body signals-- not to mention he could practically see Marbledtongue quivering-- and he had learned that these things could be a great advantage to him.
The expression of worry changed to one of surprise, as the deputy watched the larger feline's movements. "Oh, I'm doing just fine. Things could be better-- but for the most part I'm doing fine." Alive, breathing, able to walk, helping to lead a Clan...if all that defines fine then yeah, I'm doing fine. Shrikecall thought, though his body language said otherwise. He seemed to be tense. And, while this wasn't too new for the deputy, he was tenser then normal. Tenser then should be normal. His hues flashed, seeming to have the slightest bit of panic showing in them although he was doing alright. The one thing he desperately wanted to know was kept from him-- delayed by Blazingstar and that stranger, that former deputy. Inferno... something. He couldn't remember. The deputy's hues flashed again and he managed a tense smile as he glanced back-- once more-- to the cat beside him.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.