View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2024, 10:37 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Roaring Cliffs [Lionheart's Only]

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 28 moons
As Owls started to speak, the head Lionheart turned her attention towards the she-cat, ears perked to listen. Dusklion wondered for a second if it was the same kitty-pet that she had encountered in the territory. Her gaze then shifted to Breezy who told a similar story in Lionsrange. All of it made her blood boil; so this outsider had decided to come back?? Despite the warnings?? Her eyes narrowed. "Think it was me they ran into," came the snorted reply as the dark tabby shook her head. "Told her to get lost, but it seems she kept tryin' to come back. Black 'n white, nearly full-grown cat? I'll have to tell Fades. I know we've got outsider joinin' open on a case by case basis but I don't want that trespasser to keep thinkin' she can just head into territory that isn't hers - we've got enough fluff-brains who think they can do that already." Obviously a quip at the now-dead trespassers who had invaded WindClan's camp.

Flicking an ear and coming back around to Breezy's other question, the head Lionheart gave a snort. "His mentor was Sparrowsnarl, but the tom's been missin' for some time. So if either of you see him, bring him to Fades or myself 'n we'll handle him." Names a Lionheart, then promptly disappearing? Yeah, Dusk wanted to have a few words if the tom ever decided to come back.

"Hmm." Antlermutter... yeah, that had been the cat she had sent out after the last meeting. There was a small smidge of... regret? Guilt? Whatever it was, it made Dusklion uncomfortable. "...Can't say I'm too sad. Yeah, we lost a Clanmate, but when questioned 'bout why she just headed back into camp she couldn't give me an answer. So, far as I'm concerned, she went missin' then died. Tragic, but I won't shed tears over it." Why shed tears or grief over a cat who did nothing except go missing and then die? "Good, make sure he knows so he can inform the Clan at the next meetin'." If any cats wanted to go say bye, though Dusk doubted it.

Then the Pebblesplash situation. Dusklion's eyes narrowed and she nodded a thanks to Breezy - she couldn't believe it had slipped her mind - then looked to Owls. "Came right back in like she owned the place. Fades seemed to have already known she was here - don't ask me how. However I want her watched carefully. Reported rats to Mists when I sent her to the medicine den, but didn't see fit for a threat to the Clan to be the first thing outta her mouth upon returnin'." She recalled how Fades had rushed from his den, gathered a patrol together to take them down. It still made her furious that a former Lionheart hadn't thought it important to mention the rats first thing.

As Breezy finished, Dusklion debated on bringing it up. Her brother had already extended the offer, and she knew it would be announced at the next meeting. "One more thing, 'fore we head back to camp," she asked, glancing between both Lionhearts. She liked Breezy well enough, and she figured, based on his response to her outburst a few moons ago, he didn't think all that lowly of her. Owls she had no idea about, though she didn't sense any hostility. She would be safe to tell both of them, right? "Fades came to me a few nights back. Offered... offered for me to be RiverClan's deputy, 'n I accepted." Why did she feel nervous? Swallowing, the small tabby just hoped neither Lionheart could see it on her face, covering it under a rather gruff expression. "That means we'll need to appoint someone to replace me as Head Lionheart. I'll still be sittin' in on your first one or two meetins' once a new one is selected, just until things're smooth."

It felt odd to announce it, but she felt she owed it to both of them. They were both solid Clanmates, who hopefully didn't hate her as much as her mind was trying to convince herself they did. "...It's been good gettin' to know both of you on a more personal level, 'n don't think because of this I won't be around you both as much anymore. You've both been excellent so far, too, so don't go disappointin' me. Since you've both served as Lionhearts the longest, I'll be keepin' a closer eye on you both to see who might make the best new head Lionheart." It made the most sense, anyways.

Getting to her paws after a massive yawn parted her jaws, Dusklion offered a grin. "First meetin' done 'n buried. Figure we can start headin' back to camp. 'N also," she started as she readied herself to head out of the cave, "don't go blabbin' about the news of me just yet. Figure Fades is gonna announce it to the rest of the Clan at the next meetin'." With that she started to head out of the cave.

[ Seabreeze - @Dolomedes ] [ Owltalon - @Marigoldwhisper ]
[ since the pebble incident took place before, that would then place the roleplay in which fades made the offer to dusk as also before this roleplay, which is why dusk is telling both of them IC now! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |